Shifter Removal

eglaisi_91pathy

I got a Hurst T-handle shifter off ebay. I tried getting the stock shift handle off, but it wont budge, and ends up hurting me in some way: slipped and hit head on dash etc :wacko: . Any tricks getting the bastard off?

BTW its 91 XE

Edited by eglaisi_91pathy

I he-manned the crap outta it for like 2 min and finally got it off... felt like I broke 2 knuckles, but at least its off. While I was feeling strong, I yarded off the 4WD ball as well, i lubed both and replaced them.

Anyone know what size nut would fit on the 4WD lever? I want to make a ball for that one, much appreciated.

The transfer case shift knob on my truck will not bugde at all.. three people (including myself) have tried in the past.

If I ever "have to" remove it I will prolly break out some channel locks or vise grips and just replace it with another one :shrug:

The transfer case shift knob on my truck will not bugde at all.. three people (including myself) have tried in the past.

If I ever "have to" remove it I will prolly break out some channel locks or vise grips and just replace it with another one :shrug:

:laugh::P i changed BOTH my knobs to 8 balls ..... sssh :P

So now you got 16 balls down there, eh? That oughta confuse the heck out of any tweakers trying to steal your truck!

i don't have any balls but my pathy has more than enuff balls n attitude to scare the worst tweak :laugh::laugh: