I just put my hand directly into the rear frame!

zack1978

i fixed my frame just welded a few pieces of metal with a 110amp welder its not pretty but its good to go and i have zero experience welding its easy to learn as you do saves alot of $$$$. As far as other silly holes use a grinder or dremel use some rustoleum or rust paint and fill in fender holes or rocker holes with that expanding foam from home depot its great and stops the moisture from entering. Under my back seat i cut aluminum flashing (or part of an antifreeze bottle will work too) and sprayed where the hole was under the rear seat with the foam filler put the flashing over it with a weight 24hrs later it was super solid as the foam expands and used rubber undercaoting underneath to seal everything from the bottom. I HIGHLY recommend it as a cheap fix the foam cost 4-5 bucks and i reuse mine after clearing the old foam from th tip with a screwdriver. If you do this USE GLOVES as it doesn't come off your hands.

Scott

i woudn't use the foam in the frame but for filling holes in body panels then painting over it to seal the foam its worked wonders for many years. to each his own but i'd rather have the foam seal up the rocker panels then let em rust worse and worse from the inside out. I've been very lucky with that (great stuff brand) foam. It doesn't seem to hold moisture much either and its been tested esp in homes. Good luck.

Scott

Someone should really make a write up for fixing the frames on these things. Im getting and tired of people telling me that frame rust can't be fixed.

Ill be getting around to my frame as soon as the darn canadian tire here gets more welding wire spools in. Should keep me busy for the next while. :D

Guest billeebob

hey guys,

iam new here but the frame fix is common for the pathy. to fix it right you cut the bad out and replace it, it is fairly simple to do,even for a beginner welder. if your truck is 10 years or so older mileage means nothing.everything is still10 years old.

anyways there is a penetrating oil called "fluid film"that i recommend using after you fix or before it rots.just spray it on.it wont rot again.