fuse box

Guest sue1122

Guest sue1122

ok now I am going to sound like a real jerk, but where the heck is the fuse box located?? I thought it was on drivers side but thats in my xterra. thanks :shrug:

or do you mean inside the truck?

Driver side, left hand side of the steering wheel... not sure about the newer ones, but in mine if you pull out that cheesy change tray, VOILA!! FUSES!!

Guest sue1122

ok so now the reason why I was looking for the fuse box was that someone in another post had said that there was a fuse for the instrument cluster, as the right side of my dash is unlit, and i wanted to try changing the fuse I looked on that pic that was posted here and i dont see what fuse it would be can anyone help me out here.thanks

Not sure of that would be the solution...correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't ALL the dash lights be controlled by that one fuse? If so, and the fuse were bad, wouldn't the whole dash be dark?

Yes. It's not the fuse.

It's the bulb or the illumination connections on the right side of the cluster.

Guest sue1122

Thanks to all for your help, Im going to just bring it to my mechanic to let him check it out, just thought of checking the fuse as someone had suggested that......