Suspension

Topsail Marine

I knew here, I just bought a 89 V6 LE. The suspension is pretty bad. I was wanting some feedback on it. I was wanting to know a cheap way to lift it. Is there something I can do with the exsisting suspension to make it better? Let me get some of all that knowledge that's out there. I knew to the off road world.

I'm not sure what size tires. Maybe mid 30's? I don't know anyone that is hardcore off road, so I don't really have anyone to talk to about affects on the frame or suspension. I just got it, so I don't want to do something stupid and mess it up. But with the torsion bars, how far can I go with them before it messes with the alignment? And will that firm up the suspension? Now this may be the dumbest thing any of you have ever heard.... but I am looking at the front suspension and there is not a strut or a spring???? Like I was saying I don't know off road and whether this is supposed to be like this. It just strikes me odd. Let me know....

The torsion bar IS the spring. It twists, giving you the suspension action, just like a strut, or spring. If you crank them, you WILL need to get it aligned, and if you crank too high, you will most likely need aftermarket Upper Control Arms to get it to align properly.

To answer your question about tire size 31x10.5's are the biggest you can go at stock ride height (they were actually a factory option). With 3 inches of lift you can fit 32's and with 6 inches of lift (3in body lift + 3 in suspension lift) you can fit 33's.

If you go beyond 31" tires you also have to upgrade the steering system. L&P Performance as well as Calmini offer solutions. :aok:

Actually, you can run 33's with a 3" body lift if you trim the crap out of the fenders, but not on a suspension lift. I ran 33x10.50's with cranked t-bars and only a 3" BL for quite some time.

Lots of Pathfinders came with 31's stock. Check your glove box sticker, the door tag or the owner's manual. ;)

Actually, you can run 33's with a 3" body lift if you trim the crap out of the fenders, but not on a suspension lift. I ran 33x10.50's with cranked t-bars and only a 3" BL for quite some time.

Lots of Pathfinders came with 31's stock. Check your glove box sticker, the door tag or the owner's manual. ;)

Hmm I wonder, would it look silly to run around with the fenders just completely removed?