wiper upgrade

87peppy

:help: hello all, new to the forum and new to a pathfinder. mines an 87 xe and i wanted to upgrade to intermittent wipers. i search this site but i didn't see if anyone has ever completed this feat. i know i will need a different switch and problably a amplifier box. where would the amplifier box be if i was to find it in the junkyard? thanks and hello to everybody

The amplifier is attached to the wiper motor. Small box on the front of it. You'd need to run two more wires from the switch through the firewall and up to the motor to run the intermittent option, unless yours has the wiring pre-assembled for it. Compare wiring in yours to one at the junkyard if possible.

i just usually throw some car wax on the glass while im waxing it...its the same as rain x i think sometimes it works better....

i know in the 95 the wiper amplifier is in the back left corner (but that might be for the rear windsheld wiper)... but now that i think of it i know there was an added box on the wipers without intermid and 1 with...

if i think about it i can check my wiring harness (if i can locate the plug for the motor) and compare it to the FSM to see if the non intermidt. has the wires or not...if i dont get back and ure curious shoot me a PM to remind me...its gonna be a crazy week/end the race is in town and i have 8 people coming it to stay at the house starting tomorrow

i'd check the connectors on the wiper motor to make sure the # of wires coorelate like 88 said...if so just swap the switch and the motor..but like i said if i can try and check that out