Labor Day playtime?

Mr. Pickles

Anybody gonna be around for some local play? We've cancelled an out of town trip and will be home for the weekend and the week after. I'd like to get out on some trails, even if just a day trip. I'm in Bonney Lake, E of Tacoma and SE of Seattle. Maybe Tahuya, Evans Creek, Reiters possibly (never been there, but the Ms.' sis is up there so that would be a way to sell that trip :D ).

I'm leaving Kamloops B.C on the 6th, driving all the way to Chinhook Washington, near the Oregon border, right on the ocean.

Archery hunt for elk.

Should be interesting, eighteen, first time out of Canada alone (many times with my rents) annnd carrying a bow with some pointy sticks. I wanna go wheelin!

Meeting at Cle Elum Safeway at 10:00 am, Sunday, Sept 3rd, to go up to Lake G-something-or-other with C.O.R.E.

I'd prefer to stay on this side of the mountians if its just a day trip. Ok, Saturday is now out. We're having a bbq and bonfire at our house. Sunday is looking good. Supposed to be really nice this weekend too, mid-80's I believe.

Hey i could go on Sunday, unless something comes up, and i think Tahuya is the best bet since my pathy is still stock (never been to Evans Creek or Reiters Pit so i am not sure what to expect). Don't know if you have been out there but right now it is just trails, no mud or deep water. Let me know if you can still go.

Edited by 93PathfinderWA

I'd prefer to stay on this side of the mountians if its just a day trip. Ok, Saturday is now out. We're having a bbq and bonfire at our house. Sunday is looking good. Supposed to be really nice this weekend too, mid-80's I believe.

Hmmm....OK.....I live on the Eastside, so Cle Elem and Reiter and all the other decent wheelin spots are the same distance from me.

(never been to Evans Creek or Reiters Pit so i am not sure what to expect).

Evans Creek has areas challenging too and yet friendly enough for stock trucks to make it through. Packie88 (who's truck at the time was still stock) was with us ealier this year on a trip to Evans.

NW Meet. 4-29-06

Evans Creek has areas challenging too and yet friendly enough for stock trucks to make it through. Packie88 (who's truck at the time was still stock) was with us ealier this year on a trip to Evans.

NW Meet. 4-29-06

No body damage at Evans Creek? I've been worried about protruding roots and side-sliding into trees.

The stuff I've been on at Evan's Creek has only mostly been the "easy" or "moderate" trails, and that would be fine. But overall, yes, Evans Creek is more geared toward the more extreme Jeep set. Not to speak down to Pathy's for sure, but most of us drive daily drivers and Evans Creek is often for more trailer type rigs. I've seen a very solidly built 70's CJ rolled and smashed to hell, but of course its all about the driver and line. Granted, I still go and have fun inside my limits.

But anyways, yeah, I'm TOTALLY up for Tahuya. Its a fairly mellow trail and should be fine for anybody to come out, but has stuff to play on too. My only trip out there was in very wet conditions right after I bought my Pathy. It was completely stock, and I went out with Mr. Jim and some other guys before NPORA was... well, NPORA. Even then, it was fine. So yeah, if you and anybody else is up, I'm there. Post up, and or give me a buzz tomorrow (Sat.). I'd prefer not too early of a start Sunday (no 6 or 7am please!), as some friends are coming over for a bbq and bonfire Saturday night. What time would you want to meet? This would be pretty much a stock friendly wheel what ya got kind of thing.

93PathfinderWA, I see you're in Tacoma. Cool, I'm out in Bonney Lake, a quick trip. I'd be up even if nobody else is down for it. Are you game? The Ms. most likely is going shopping for shoes and wedding stuff, so it may just be me, maybe my brother. Lemme know STAT and lets do this.

Mike 206-999-4108

Edited by Mr. Pickles

hey Mr. P yah i am still down to go on sunday and a later start is perfect for me since school has already started i am down for all the sleep i can get. Did u want to meet up around here or in belfair, like at the mcdonalds off highway 3. I can call up a couple of friends and see if they are busying or just have some friends ride with me. No friends with pathys though.

Don't know if you have been out there but right now it is just trails, no mud or deep water.

It hasnt rained in a while. I will call you later today or you can call me but i will be busying from abou 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. but after that call 253-223-9843 and ask for Robbie

Just now logging in, sorry, been out in the yard all day and people should be arriving any minute for a bbq. Yeah, sounds good. Would you be up for meeting in Tacoma before heading out? Seems like that would be easier to guesstimate when to leave home. Maybe somewhere close to the bridge, like the Safeway on Pearl St. or McDonalds next door (if they're still there!). I used to live up there, but its been a while. What time are you thinking? 10 or 11 or so, earlier or later? Anyways, I'll probably be away from the phone tonight, so post up and we could call and touch bases in the morning.