89/93 pathy exchange

Yep, though the front diff may have different matting flanges for the CVs and therefore use the 27 spline axels. Also, the block, heads and accessories will work, but the intake will need to be swapped (along with some sensors that are different between an I and E engine).

Might have ECU issues, dunno. I used to hear that you could go auto-manual without and ECU swap, but not manual-auto. Though recently I saw someone was having issues with an auto ECU after the swap.... :shrug:

As for fitment, all the route holes and base mounting points are there in the firewall.

I think you need to swap the Master Cylinder also, for the hydro clutch.

Edited by GrimGreg

Yes, you do need the drive shaft. I switched from auto to manual. stole from donor the clutch master cylinder, clutch lines, flywheel and clutch assy, trans of course, shifter, floor plate and drive shaft. I spliced the wiring harness from the trans and everythings good. I had a little problem with my fuel system but that's all fixed now. Of course, my Pathy is only 2 wheel drive, so somethings were a little easier than yours might be but if you have any questions, just let me know. I know others on this forum have done this same swap.

Dan

has anyone done an auto to manual swap, will the pedal assembley fit from a 89 to 93, and will i have to take the driveshaft from the standard, is everything pretty much bolt on? is there anyother issuse i should be aware of

im sort of in the middle of this right now...but my project was a lil bigger...

i put a 95 auto wiring harness into my 87 manual pathy with the engine...this past weekend i got it to crank up using the auto ecu and hooking up the connectors to the auto shift knob (theres an inhibitor switch in there)

other than that u need to change the wiring harness to the tranny...also u'll need a different plate that covers the floorboard where the shifter comes up...

i believe the axles are the same its the actual CV's that have different splines but i could be mistaken i do know both have 6 bolts and they're in the same pattern and pretty sure they wouldnt have changed up the spacing on them due to an engineering work load stand point...

the rest is the obvious...pilot bushing,flywheel,clutch, clutch slave and master cylinders and pedal assembly

if i can think of anything else i'll let ya know and if u have any questions shoot me a PM

90-95's have 5 bolts in a star pattern and 28 spline outers, that's the difference.

ok hmm i just remembered wrong...i'll blame that on dropping the axle on my finger...

you could change CV's and hubs couldnt ya? and that axle would work? or would u have to do the spindles too?