Breaking My Own Rule

vengeful

for water incursion you get the fed flood insurance. i am ok with that.. i live up high. :D

otherwise insurance comps are scammers extraordinare..  :angry:

I agree, it is cheap and if you live in an area that is BELOW sea level it is a must. And your homeowner insureance will state that flood insurance is NOT included

Edited by fordsho90

The illusion of safety is all it is... Americans seem to need and want that, the illusion. I agree with the statements that the average citizen is a wimp.

I for one, have no interest giving up my rights/privacy so some pathetic individuals can continue being mindlessly happy. Wake up, smell the coffee and look around. Be responsible for yourself, the government can't and won't do it for you past a certain point. The government needs to watch the borders, monitor imports, maintain an army and set policy, etc, not spy on the citizens. If you want to live in a 1984ish world, please, DON'T drag me into it !!

I am sooooo sick of hearing this !!! Everything questionable for many years has just been covered up by the blanket statement "state secret, you must remain ignorant, it's for your own good" crap and it makes me ill. Blatant BS and abuse of power !

GB is an embarassment to the country as is much of his administrations policies, but so many people are so fukking ignorant, they can't even comprehend it. We are one country in a large WORLD... Not everything we say/do/want is right in the big picture. Ever consider WHY there 'terrorists' or 'insurgents' would want to attack us ? They didn't just wake up under a camel one day, find a Time magazine and decide to devote their lives to hating us... That said, yes, I'm sure they have their share of ignorant people also. This is the real issue, don't ruin it for the rest of us by taking our sealed bottle of Avian when we get in a plane !!

B

(Sorry, I had to fix your little quote mistake...it was driving me crazy...-V)

so well said that i am reduced to just :clap:

i mean, if this secret wiretapping is about terrorists, then why do they have to listen on millions of US citizens.. when did the presumption of innocence go out the window? i mean it's just a piece of paper and all but that's what this great nation is based on.. that one piece of paper is paramount to our freedom.. anything else stinks of nazi-izm, communism or whatever other power obusing dictatorial monkey..

i am about tired of the gov also ramping the freaking fear everytime some little thing comes up they can try to scare the populace with. booo.. what's up with the machine guns all over the place too? hmmm.. freedom? i moved here because of that kind of BS over there.. now it's here... canada is more and more attractive everyday. i do have a 100ac i can squat on in ON and boy do i feel like i may need to.

P...P...P...

I agree, it is cheap and if you live in an area that is BELOW sea level it is a must. And your homeowner insureance will state that flood insurance is NOT included

or in flood plane/zone.. i am also tired of bailing these peeps out.. i mean rebuilding NOLA is the dumbest freaking idea ever.. well, right behind iraq war anyway... what the hell are they thinking? it won't flood or get hit by a 'cane again? yeah, sure, sure... :rolleyes:

or in flood plane/zone.. i am also tired of bailing these peeps out.. i mean rebuilding NOLA is the dumbest freaking idea ever.. well, right behind iraq war anyway... what the hell are they thinking? it won't flood or get hit by a 'cane again? yeah, sure, sure... :rolleyes:

yeah move the major hub into Banton Rouge as what happened to Galveston Tx in 1900 when 6000 people died. They moved the hub to Houston 65 miles inland and left Galveston as just a little community. Simple problem rosolved.

yeah move the major hub into Banton Rouge as what happened to Galveston Tx in 1900 when 6000 people died. They moved the hub to Houston 65 miles inland and left Galveston as just a little community. Simple problem rosolved.

well, except that galveston now is am oil hub so guess what happens next time a 'cane slams there? you guessed it $5 gas if not more.. :angry:

btw. filled up for 2.69 today. can you believe it? B)

well, except that galveston now is am oil hub so guess what happens next time a 'cane slams there? you guessed it $5 gas if not more..  :angry:

btw. filled up for 2.69 today. can you believe it?  B)

actually no Galveston isnt, Texas city and points north on Galveston bay are, also Port Arthur and Orange city are that area is refinery row. sh!t I was just out getting a burrito and another 12 pack and gas was STILL 3.27 pssd . Of course I wasnt driving....Galveston is just a beach community now

Edited by fordsho90

(Sorry, I had to fix your little quote mistake...it was driving me crazy...-V)

Sorry, what was it you 'fixed" ??

filled up for 2.69 today

I wish !! I haven't seen less than $3.10 for months. Perfect timing that I moved from 25 miles to 7 miles from work... I was going through $50 (slightly higher gas prices) for a 5 day commute, and now the same lasts a solid 2 weeks+. :cool2:

If I get the Bug roadworthy soon, I could commute on less than $10 a week. :D

B

We have become a Nation of thin-skinned sissies, and we live in an era where words hurt. Words don't hurt. Sticks, Stones, Bullets and Bombs hurt. Words are just words.

Because unfourtanetly we live in a country run by politicians that SAY they will do something but dont alot of the time. We get to voice our opinion when we get to elect people, we live in a republic not a democracy, and after that we pick the people we think will represent us best.

The electoral colleges make me mad because people always say you need to vote but we have other people making the votes that actually count, even though i dont think they have ever gone against what the people of a state have said presidents have won the popular vote (not sure if that is right) but have lost because of the points given to each state. If you ask me it is all stupid.

If it weren't for a leak we still would not know about the wire-tapping because our country thinks we are all to stupid to handle what they consider serious matters, but they affect us, every american, so i think the government needs to stop hidding things, tell the terriorist we are watching you we know what you are going to do and they probably arent stupid enough to still try it, but they might.

Lots of good posts and coments here. i am in favor of security and just about anything to protect our sissy asses. however the government has still yet to find a way to do it.

Invading peoples privacy is not the way. I'm not going to venture to say that i have a better way but hell.

At least if they are going to illegally tap our phones, for gods sake don't tell me about it. They don't tell us any of the facts anyway, just omit this little detail one.

*beats 87pathy with a stick* :P

B

Come on.. at least i agree with the security issues :blink:

But seriously, what would happen if you found your phone was tapped?

don't think of these things on a grand scale, think of them indiviually like they are happening to you.

The Government has no way of making things safe. When they try they do it half assed. Example

Lighters are not alowed on a plane. Book of matches is. Whitch would start a bigger fire for quickly?

Can't have any sharp objects. I can (until recently) take a SoBe bottle on the plane. (broken bottles are dangerous)

Osama Bin ladin Organized an attack on the United Stated.. We couldn't get him so we go to Iraq and get Sadam.. perfectly logical to me. :crazy:

Yes they are all different issues but in my opinion these are simple issues that show how half baked the governments security ideas are.

Ok, since i'm not a politician and i don't want to get into a political debate (cause i'll loose) i'll shut up now