Trainman

The Drift

Armada? No way!

I have no idea what I would replace my Pathy with....honestly, I have NO CLUE.

Hence the LOL

I'd go for an XTerra I think. Or the 4 door Frontiers. Those are pretty cool.

Something with a frame though so I could BL.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people are just plain stupid

My ex once saw some tool in a car, stuck in traffic, rail crossing in the city, lights & bells go on, arms start to come down, he shouldnt have been sitting so close to the tracks when traffic isnt moving, but all he had to do was back up maybe a foot... and was out of the way of the arm. But NO. Captain brilliant pulls forward... and was now between the arm and the track.. my ex said the car had to be just INCHES from that train when it past... like wtf?

Natural selection I say, if it wernt for it scarring everyone who would watch that accident, that momo deserved to get hit.

btw trainman... some cool pics...

We've had a few accidents around here... one where the train came off on an overpass in town and just CRUSHED a mini van with two women in it. Was really sad...

Another where a father had the kids in the car, was on the cell with his ex wife when she heard them get hit... they dont really know what happened, as he was parked waiting @ the tracks, and then??? They're actually in the process of changing that crossing so the road goes under the tracks, as there have been a number of accidents there.

theres some tracks at my local hang out/wheeling spot, 2 kids killed themselves on the tracks and another one of my buddys tried to

Well, if it isn't that way, they'll find another... What's up with the guy who tried to ?? Did he miss the train ? Did the train go over him ?? Didn't he know to lay his neck over a rail ??

B

Well, if it isn't that way, they'll find another... What's up with the guy who tried to ?? Did he miss the train ? Did the train go over him ?? Didn't he know to lay his neck over a rail ??

B

naw he was probably just a puss :( . i know that would quite possibly be the most scary way to kill yoursel

Edited by lovebunny

Ok, and that stuff happens.

But the train came 15 seconds later. I'm hoping you guys would have been smart enough to GET OUT of the truck and move your butts if you saw the train and thought it might hit you...right?

Of course, if it wasn't going to start we were ready to bail out.

Hahaha...

Well, if my truck decided to die on me on some train tracks, I wouldn't like it very much after that. I'd be like...fine, get hit by the train, I'm outta here...PEACE!

Yeah! that's what we would have been thinking after that great show!

Been a bad week with this sort of stuff.

In addition to the two killed in Chicago, another one died yesterday in New Bern, North Carolina:

" New Bern man killed in train collision

August 17,2006

KATIE MARSHALL View stories by reporter

FREEDOM ENC

Fatality occurs on N.C. 58 near Dover

DOVER — A New Bern man was killed Wednesday after his van collided with a train on Tilghman Road in Jones County.

John Jenkins, 29, of N.C. 58 East, was a passenger in the vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene. Two other people in the vehicle, including the driver, were taken to the hospital for minor injuries.

According to the N.C. Highway Patrol, the train was traveling westbound, and the van was traveling northbound on Tilghman Road when the driver failed to stop at the railroad crossing.

Robin Chapman, spokesman for Norfolk Railroad, said the mixed freight train was coming from Chocowinity and was destined for Linwood. It had three engines and 51 cars.

Skid marks stretched nearly 50 feet from the site of the crash where the driver of the vehicle tried to avoid the oncoming train.

The vehicle was wedged under the train, and some evidence of where the body would have landed after being ejected from the van was visible. A cell phone was embedded in the gravel, and a work shirt lay on the track 200 feet from the scene of the crash.

There are no lights, crossing guards or a stop sign at the railroad crossing, but residents who live there said there have been few wrecks over the years.

Roy White, who lives adjacent to Tilghman Road and the crossing, said he has never seen a fatal wreck there.

“There’s been a few bumps, but I can’t remember (an accident) here that’s killed anyone,” the 81-year-old man said."

local1081706.jpg

Roy White looks over the crash scene as he walks along Tilghman Road after a train and a van collided at the railroad crossing Wednesday in Jones County.

Either that or it's a stupid reporter.

By saying "His van collided with a train," they imply that HE ran into the train.

What they probably meant was "A train collided with his van," meaning, his dumb ass got in the way of the train and let the train run into him.

Either way, he's a moron.

Either that or it's a stupid reporter.

By saying "His van collided with a train," they imply that HE ran into the train.

What they probably meant was "A train collided with his van," meaning, his dumb ass got in the way of the train and let the train run into him.

Either way, he's a moron.

LOL

Based on the no signs, crossing gates, etc. My assumption is that this asshat was flying down the road and couldn't stop in time to avoid hitting the train. Probably trying beat it to the crossing or something stupid.

Like you said. MORON.

LOL

Based on the no signs, crossing gates, etc. My assumption is that this asshat was flying down the road and couldn't stop in time to avoid hitting the train. Probably trying beat it to the crossing or something stupid.

Like you said. MORON.

"Skid marks stretched nearly 50 feet from the site of the crash where the driver of the vehicle tried to avoid the oncoming train."

He must of been driving on the track to be trying to avoid the ONCOMING train :o Reporters :shrug:

The 50 feet of skid marks (plus whatever was in his pants :X says it all.

Unfortunately, it was not the driver that was killed but an unfortunate passenger.

50 feet of skid marks are what happens when you lock up the brakes at 30mph on dry pavement. He just simply wasn't paying attention to his surroundings, didn't notice the upcoming RR crossing, and then saw the train and panicked when it was too late. Moron.

CN Suing Trucking Company for Damages due to Grade Crossing Accident

CN is suing a Kamloops BC based trucking company and one of its drivers for $300,000 in damages as a result of a 2003 grade crossing accident 50 km west of Jasper, Alberta. Several cars were de-railed in the accident.

CN claims negligence of the driver and his employer in its BC Supreme Court action.

Source: Radio CJNL Noon News, August 18, 2006

About time the railways went after these people who insist in trying to beat the train.

Some words of wizdom:

"This item demonstrates how stupid the average American is. Every 90 minutes someone in this country gets hit by a train. A train, okay? Trains are on tracks; they can't come and get you. They can't surprise you when you step off the curb. You have to go to them. Got that?" - George Carlin

Some words of wizdom:

"This item demonstrates how stupid the average American is. Every 90 minutes someone in this country gets hit by a train. A train, okay? Trains are on tracks; they can't come and get you. They can't surprise you when you step off the curb. You have to go to them. Got that?" - George Carlin

Love Carlin

Glad to see this topic turned out well. Thanks for your input on it Trainman.

Some words of wizdom:

:clap::laugh:

hey Train since we are on the subject of trains :lol: . The ? I had for you in my area they are running remote locomotives....how does it work?

There are two kinds of remote control locomotives that I am aware of:

1: used in heavy/long freight trains, usually at the end and/or interspersed throughout the train. These have, in Canada anyway, been referred to as robot locomotives. They are hooked up to the lead locomotive via radio and follow the commands that the engineer gives them. They may be supplying power when the head locomotives are coasting or even braking, depending on the needs of the train. This technology has been used in Western Canada on coal trains since the late 60’s and on most bigger freight trains in NA for 20 years or so. Very popular in hilly areas and on unit trains of one commodity, like coal.

2: remote control switchers, used in railway yards or industrial complexes. No engineer in the locomotive, just a guy on the ground with a joystick controlling the locomotive. Often the loci will have its windows painted over. The ultimate in R/C.

If your trains do not fit into one of these, let me know and I will try to find out. Would need to know railway, general location (state/province is OK) and type of train they are on.