Trainman

The Drift

Your hummer post reminded me of this.

I, as harsh as this sounds, feel that if someone gets hit by a train they essentially deserved it. You'd have to be deaf and blind to be completely oblivious to an oncoming train. It's not like a train goes out of control and hits someone. You actually have to be standing on the one path they travel on. People don't get hit by runaway trains. So in my opinion, I say good riddance.

What are your feelings on this? If I had to guess you've probably seen some messed up crap. Have you ever seen an incident that was actually a train's fault?

My mom's fiance takes the train downtown (Chicago) every day. He said he sees actual near hits (see: george carlin, it is not a near miss lol) on a DAILY basis due to people's stupidity. He said people get hit a lot more than you think, and he's actually had his train help up because of it on many occassions over the years. I couldn't believe it.

Anyone take the side of the person getting hit? Or do we all agree it takes a complete imbecile to get hit by a train.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You do have to be pretty out of it to get hit by a train. I mean, come on, there are two big metal tracks for the 80,000 ton beast to go down, it's not like it's going to jump out in front of you in the middle of the city!

Oh, and there's the other thing...they've got 160dB horns that can be heard for up to 2 miles! You KNOW when a train is near. Not to mention they're loud as hell to begin with!

If you manage to get hit by a train, you probably had it coming for one reason or another.

when I was a Freshmen in high school we had a day off and I was walking back to this chicks house I was playing around with. And we were at the crossing waiting for an Amtrack to blaze by when all of the sudden two bums thought they could make it across and well one hesitated and the other didnt, lets just say the the bum who hesitated didnt make it he was wasted and I have to say it was pretty nasty,needless to say the girl who was with me got splatered with blood and almost hit by a flying unattached leg, poor girl she was never right after that. :crazy:

Edited by fordsho90

when I was a Freshmen in high school we had a day off and I was walking back to this chicks house I was playing around with. And we were at the crossing waiting for an Amtrack to blaze by when all of the sudden two bums thought they could make it across and well one hesitated and the other didnt, lets just say the the bum who hesitated didnt make it he was wasted and I have to say it was pretty nasty,needless to say the girl who was with me got splatered with blood and almost hit by a flying unattached leg, poor girl she was never right after that. :crazy:

KICK ASS

95% of the time the train is right. It is when you have a runaway (like the last photo) that the train can be wrong.

Some not nice ones:

66406739_14d79dcf7e.jpg

lifesaver.jpg

The next 3 are from the same "accident" Amtrak vs semi:

engine.jpg

frame.jpg

The damge to the locomotive? Here it is:

damage1.jpg

What happens when a train hits a house? this:

C960976.jpg

But the unfortunate ones are like this, it is suspected the locomotive lost its breaks. 2 of the 3 crew did not survive (happened in my own back yard, so to speak):

57635-21748.jpg

Holy crap. I knew you'd have something cool to share with the class.

OK I have to ask. Why was there a house on train tracks? Some wierd experiment just to see? If so I'd love to have been in that brainstorming meeting.

Note on the picture of the Amtrak locomotive, just above the A in Amtrak, that is a piece of the cab of the truck the train hit.

damage1.jpg

Oh damn lol I thought that was damage to the train itself until I looked closer.

GO TRAIN WOOT

how Ironic........ my next door female freind just got home and she told me that there was a car vs train incedent in my town watch the news later drift!!

SWEET

Darwinism +1

there was a deaf person walking next to the tracks who got hit by the snow plow off a train, deaf ppl walk close to the tracks beacause they can feel the vibs of the train and wait for it to pass before going on but ive heard that trains dont vid the ground

theres some tracks at my local hang out/wheeling spot, 2 kids killed themselves on the tracks and another one of my buddys tried to

Well from a personal experience, I was ridding with my dad in his pick up truck one day. We started to cross the road to get over the tracks, everything was clear not a train in sight. Well the truck decides to shut down in the middle of the tracks, then all of a sudden the lights and bells start to blare. So we think to ourselves, OH SH!T. My dad tried to start the truck before the arms from the railroad crossing come down. finally after the third attempt it started and we peelled out of there, arms came down and maybe 15 seconds later, the train passes by. We were scared. We weren't racing against the train, we were just trying to corss the road, and the truck decided to die all of a sudden.

Well from a personal experience, I was ridding with my dad in his pick up truck one day. We started to cross the road to get over the tracks, everything was clear not a train in sight. Well the truck decides to shut down in the middle of the tracks, then all of a sudden the lights and bells start to blare. So we think to ourselves, OH SH!T. My dad tried to start the truck before the arms from the railroad crossing come down. finally after the third attempt it started and we peelled out of there, arms came down and maybe 15 seconds later, the train passes by. We were scared. We weren't racing against the train, we were just trying to corss the road, and the truck decided to die all of a sudden.

Ok, and that stuff happens.

But the train came 15 seconds later. I'm hoping you guys would have been smart enough to GET OUT of the truck and move your butts if you saw the train and thought it might hit you...right?

15 Seconds is enough time to hop out, pop the truck in neutral and push it off the tracks.

Definately. Or if you don't like the truck...hop out leave it, enjoy the show, and go get a new truck with the insurance money lol.

Hahaha...

Well, if my truck decided to die on me on some train tracks, I wouldn't like it very much after that. I'd be like...fine, get hit by the train, I'm outta here...PEACE!

Go get yourself an Armada?

LOL

"Yeah hi, Mr Insurance? Do I have train coverage?"