How to... install hitch wiring

Slick

Hey folks

I used this thread to install a new 4way plug...but I figured you were supposed to combine the running lights and brake light...well that didn't work. So my question is, should I have a 5 way rather than a 4 way? When I hit the brakes in the day time my dash lights would come on...(Trailer not hooked up) so I snipped those wires on the harness tonight and fixed that problem...but I am thinking I don't need a 4way unless I am doing something wrong.

Left Turn

Right Turn

Brake

Running

Ground

The first post in this thread only lists the following

the green & yellow wire is the brake light wire
the pink & blue wire is the driving lights (ya know..when you have yer headlights on...)
the gray & blue wire is the left turn signal.

What am I missing here?

Thanks

RR

you didn't read down far enough, the original post states the following:

the green & yellow wire is the brake light wire
the pink & blue wire is the driving lights (ya know..when you have yer headlights on...) should be the marker lights
the gray & blue wire is the left turn signal.
the wire for the passenger turn signal is the gray & red wire. ( on the passenger side)

Edited by ahardb0dy

• 2 weeks later...

with this latest update it still doesn't help my issue of deciding if I want running lights or turn signals. The kit i purchased is all pre-wired just plug and off ya go. Well I plugged in, and my lights are sketchy as stated above.

I even purchased a light tester to make sure it wasnt the trailer, turns out it's the plug-n-play setup. just not sure how to rectify the situation?

• 3 months later...