Gave the pathy a good once over today!

Rocker

I just bought a 93 XE a week or two ago. It has 135000 miles on it so I wanted to go thru it good. Today I changed the gear lube in the front and rear axle, changed the ATF in the transfer case, Filter and fluid in the transmission, Engine oil and filter, Air filter(which was clogged). Fixed the flakey dome switch in the rear hatch, Changed the struts on the hatch, and sprayed the throttle body out with jet cleaner.

I also took all of the plugs out of the front end and installed grease fittings as well as the ones in the universal joints on the rear shaft.

I just love tinkering on my own stuff! It feels so much better than just hiring it done. Not only cause I'm cheap but the pathy feels like it runs and drives netter now! That throttle body and air filter work really pepped up this little rig!

Thanks for the great site with tons of info for the first time pathfinder owner!

Wednesday my local shop will do the work I am too chicken to do. Timing Belt, Water Pump, Thermostat, All belts, All hoses, Tensioner and stud, Front main seal,Both cam seals.

Hopefully after all this the rig should be good to go! I know I will feel alot better about driving it when it has been really looked at.

Cheers :beer:

John

Welcome aboard. Doing your own work on your truck is the best. Lts see some pics of your pathy. We love pics. -bounce- P.S. Timeing belt and water pump arent that hard to do. Its better if you have a buuddy with beer to help you though. :beer:

10-4 on the trans cooler, I am waiting for both a summit and a jegs catalogue to arrive so I can order one.

On the timing belt, I looked it over in the haynes manual I got and it doesn't look too bad but still further than I want to go alone. My local mechanic said If I wanted to hang around and watch that was cool so maybe seeing the procedure will help me in the next change. Besides I am trading labor for labor on some plumbing work my mechanic needs on his boiler, so all I had to do was pick up the parts at the dealership. Everything except the water pump( Dealer price $114.00- Napa NEW water pump with 3 year warranty $62.00). Hey speaking of NAPA, the old timer behind the counter suggested Indian Head shellac instead of Silicone gasket maker for the water pump and thermostat. You guys ever use this stuff? It looks like one of those products that the old timers would swear by. Kind of like PB Blaster ya Know?

I'll try and take some pictures tonight. I'm not sure how to post them but I'll figure it out I guess lol

Thanks

John

Edited by Rocker

If you have a junkyard nearby, a Ford Exploder trans cooler is generic as you can get and works fine. I got mine for $5 each. There are two sizes they used, though...get the larger one that's 7.5"x 11.5" or so. $4 worth of hose, some hose clamps and a mounting kit for $7(or just use zipties) and the whole thing's done.

Today I changed the gear lube in the front and rear axle, changed the ATF in the transfer case, Filter and fluid in the transmission, Engine oil and filter, Air filter(which was clogged). Fixed the flakey dome switch in the rear hatch, Changed the struts on the hatch, and sprayed the throttle body out with jet cleaner.

Nice... :clap: Sounds like me when I get a 'new' vehicle. 88 gives good advice other than using zip ties. Thats sketchy and ghetto; don't go there. I'm gonna have to give him a slap when I meet him... P...

B