Tire recommendation

inqydesu

I am looking to replace the tires on my 89 SE. I am running 31's now, and probably will stay with that. I do in town driving, but also do some trail running (not much mudding tho). Cost is also a factor as well.

I am looking at the BFG AT k/Os, and other similar ones.

Recommendations please?

Guest bigwavedv

You'll get more life out of something like Bridgestone duellers or even Big O's, and they both have a tread as aggressive as the BFG's and arent dime a dozen like the All terrian KO's. I dont think the BFG's even have a mileage warranty and they suck when 1/2 worn out.

I have BigO A/Ts... they don't have a super aggressive tread, at least the ones I have don't... they might have changed in the past year or so but I'm not sure. They haven't caused me any problems, and I get along with them just fine. =)

I have BFG AT/KOs and they are fine. There are a lot of more aggressive tires out there but there are a lot of boring radials too. I got them because they had a respectable tread (which I have been putting to the test with all the rain we have had around here lately) and they certainly have the capability to sling a roostertail of mud. I never worry about the teadwear warrenty since I usually tear the sidewall out or similar before they wear out on their own. The reason I chose them over some of the other offroad tires???? simple. I needed a set of 4 and they were only about $100 each installed.

thanks for the input. The mileage warranty ws an issue. Not that I have replaced them, but i want them to last for a bit. i do see the BFGs all over, and it would be nice to have something different. I want something with a good tread, but don't want to be running super agro as this is a weekend offroader.

I saw the Yokohama Geolanders. Does anyone have any experience running these?

I would offer an opinion on tires, but really each tire offers its own unique aspects ...

however, if it were me, I would choose based on two things ... milage rating, and intented use (say the majority being 70 percent of the time)

Geolandars are really cool. I like 'em. I also like the ProComp M/T's and their A/T's. They have a good warranty, AFAIK.

On the other hand, I heartily reccommend Super Swampers for all your Pathfinder driving needs! :D

hehe ...

I have BFG M/T's, and they do pretty good. They're a tad loud, but wear really well for mudders. They have about 40K miles on them, and still have about 1/4-1/3 of the tread left. They're great in the snow and sloppy stuff. The only gripe is they're not very good in the rain.