Safari Rack question

Rocker

Anyone here ever mount a safari rack to a pathy that did not come with a factory rackmount? I have a 93XE that I would like to make one for but I'm not sure the roof is strong enough to take it.

Looks great! Are those clamped to your gutters? Mine is smooth top (no gutters)

I called performance products about one of theirs and the guy said I would have to take the factory rack off a doner rig and transplant it to mine with added supports above the headliner. I don't feel like diving in that hard. I really don't need the space right now but I think pathfinders look Bad A@% with a spare on top as well as some lighting on a safari rack.

Thanks for looking

John

On my first pathy, I modified a Ford Exploder rack to fit mine roof. It worked out pretty good, plus w/ the factory style it puts the weight over the rear axel instead of in the center... but this is just what I did, I have seen many nice setups.

LightingOldpathy.jpg

DCP_0666.jpg

Edited by Extreme90path

Man that looks sweet!! I think I'm going to have to make one work for mine. Pathfinder's with safari racks look really tuff. I just hope my roof is rigid enough to hold one. Thanks for the inspiration!!! :beer:

Con-Ferr racks screw directly to the roof. You don't need additional roof reinforcement to put one on, stock racks only hold 80 lbs anyway. Plus, the mounting feet for most baskets are on the outside edges of the roof, which is where they'll take the most weight anyway. I have a Yakima rack setup that clamps onto the roof above the door. Pathfinders don't come with rain gutters. I can rock the whole truck back and forth with it, it's not a wussy rack.