SES

zonianbrat

Hi all I do not have much time to spend searching so here it goes if you get mad because I did not search sorry then do not read any further. I was driving in Boulder CO yesterday and my SES light came on, I pulled over and popped the hood and everything appeared normal. Unfortunately I had to continue driving it all the way home (like an hour on the interstate). Today I checked everything like fluids etc and everything is tip top. And the truck is running perfectly?? I have no idea how to check ecu codes as I have never had too. I thought I remember somebody saying I could take it to autozone and they could read the codes for me is this true? Again sorry for not searching for my answers first but it is late and I gotta go hope somebody can help me out as I really do not want to take it in to the shop for like an o2 sensor or something. thanks :hide::hide::hide: :help: :help: :help:

Hi all I do not have much time to spend searching so here it goes if you get mad because I did not search sorry then do not read any further. I was driving in Boulder CO yesterday and my SES light came on, I pulled over and popped the hood and everything appeared normal. Unfortunately I had to continue driving it all the way home (like an hour on the interstate). Today I checked everything like fluids etc and everything is tip top. And the truck is running perfectly?? I have no idea how to check ecu codes as I have never had too. I thought I remember somebody saying I could take it to autozone and they could read the codes for me is this true? Again sorry for not searching for my answers first but it is late and I gotta go hope somebody can help me out as I really do not want to take it in to the shop for like an o2 sensor or something. thanks :hide::hide::hide: :help: :help: :help:

Got anything plugged into one of your jacks?

If so, make sure they are FIRMLY plugged in, or remove them completely...this solved the same situation I had in my '02 :aok:

NOt completly sure what you mean by "jacks" are you talking about the plugs for teh OBDII diagnostic tool? Sorry I have never had to deal with these or the SES for that matter before. I am stumped, hopefully I can get it to autozone soon.

NOt completly sure what you mean by "jacks" are you talking about the plugs for teh OBDII diagnostic tool? Sorry I have never had to deal with these or the SES for that matter before. I am stumped, hopefully I can get it to autozone soon.

A/C jack (otherwise known by front seat passengers as a cigarette lighter plug)

Dude...the SES light will come on if the gas cap isn't tight enough, and for a million other reasons. It doesn't necessarily mean that something's horribly wrong with it. If it still starts and runs fine, then just drive it and have the codes checked. They can reset the light for you at the same time if you really want it off, but that doesn't mean it won't come back on eventually.

And I understand this. I am just worrying too much because money is tight and I just spent the money and time replacing the t-belt and other things so I want my truck to be perfect. which it is not. Sometimes I get really pissed because just as I am finally saving a little dough for some armor something breaks...oh well that is how it is i guess just gotta be patient. :(