Brand name for OEM parts

gitee

OEM Nissan parts are made by other manufacturers. Anyone know the manufacturer of OEM Nissan timing belts, tensioner, water pump, hoses, thermostat, acc. belts, camshaft seals? I'm getting ready to do my T-belt and I'm doing a little price comparison shopping. I'm looking at buying parts through rockauto.com.

TIA

Compare the prices you find with the ones at www.courtesyparts.com. I would just post a link for you but unfortunately I do not know how. I just changed my t-belt,water pump, all drive belts plugs oil etc and I got all my parts from the above website and I got a screaming deal compared to what the stealership wanted to charge me for the parts. Great service too!! B)

I wouldn't say aftermarket is as good as oe...but they're good enough to get by on for a few years at a time. Example...oem belt tensioner lasted me 10 years and 100k miles. Aftermarket lasted 20k miles. I've been in the parts business long enough to be disgusted with a few things.

I used to work for Delphi. Many of the Aftermarket OE Replacement parts are built to a higher standard than the original factory parts. If you go for the cheapest of the cheap, then yeah, you're asking for trouble, but if you get good quality aftermarket parts, then they're easily as good, or better than the factory parts.

Just to clarify terminology:

OE: Original Equipment. Identical part is or has been used in production by the original vehicle manufacturer.

OEM: Original Equipment Manufacturer: The company that made this part has also made parts for the original vehicle manufacturer. It may have been a part similar to this, but maybe not. For example, even if Gates made nothing but a coolant hose used on a 1984 Nissan 200SX, that qualifies them as an OEM supplier to Nissan and retailers can say that when selling their timing belts.

So you still need to do your research...

OE: Original Equipment. Identical part is or has been used in production by the original vehicle manufacturer.

OEM: Original Equipment Manufacturer: The company that made this part has also made parts for the original vehicle manufacturer. It may have been a part similar to this, but maybe not. For example, even if Gates made nothing but a coolant hose used on a 1984 Nissan 200SX, that qualifies them as an OEM supplier to Nissan and retailers can say that when selling their timing belts.

Thanks for the clarification!

To expand upon this....and to provide some every day translations...

OE is also referred to as Aftermarket OE Replacement, Original Replacement, Aftermarket Replacement, OE Replacement, etc. These are the parts you generally get from CarQuest, Napa, PartsAmerica, PepBoys etc...

OEM is typically referred to as Factory, or Manufacturer, or Dealer parts. CarQuest and Napa carry a larger selection of OEM Supplier parts than PA/Shucks or PepBoys, but for true OEM parts, the dealer is the only place to go.