Greetings from New Jersey

Guest Turtle9

Guest Turtle9

Just wanted to say hello to all...I just found out bout this site and its GREAT! I'm a 5 year owner of a 1994 Pathfinder SE 4x4, fully loaded. I bought my pathy at an in state auction for $4000. It has 170,000 miles on it now and still going strong. I wanna upgrade the air intake and do the exhaust system..... if anyone has any suggetions bout the exhaust system let me know.. i need help!!...thanks

Welcome Turtle9. If you're looking at headers, you have to consider if you have an AT or manual. If an AT, you MAY have some luck with the thorleys but they won't formally advertise that their headers will fit with an AT. I have heard many reports that the pacesetters will not fit with an AT.

What part of NJ (note, I refrained from asking 'what exit')

I'm just across the river here in PA.

Guest Turtle9

I have an A/T...and im lookin at 4X4parts.com for headers, high flow cats and/or cat back exhaust systems... Im also lookin to install an air intake upgrade from 4X4parts.com.....whatcha think??? as a newbie i accept any and all opinions and suggestions..

Hey Turtle9. I'm fron NJ. Rockaway to be exact, however I am in Bayonne often since my band plays there once a month.

For intakes, you can look here:

Jim Wolf Pop Charger

As for Headers, here are Thorley Ceramic coated headers:

Thorley Ceramic Coated Headers

and Non-Ceramic

Thorley Headers non Ceramic

Borla makes an Exhaust for our trucks but their website doesn't list it anymore. I have one though. I got mine through Mothers in Rockaway for $400. Most people have theirs custom built which is most likely cheaper even after you add in labor, but I got my exhaust installed for free.

Here is the Borla on 4x4parts page.Borla Cat back

If you want to get crazy, Jim Wolf makes Cams and has ECU upgrades. As for high flow cats, I'm still trying to figure that one out myself. Hope this helps.

Edited by wheel366

Hey Turtle...

I see you're in NJ. Check out our club - Northeast Import Off Road Association (NIORA) - http://www.niora4x4club.com. We're having a major run October 6-9 at Rausch Creek in PA, there should be several people from your neck of the woods coming down. :aok:

Also, we've got BlackPanther, L&P and more on the board as sponsors...promises to be a good weekend. :aok:

I have an email from Thorley on the differences. I'll see if I can dig it up. The main difference though is the Ceramic will hold the heat in the pipe better allowing for faster exhuast velocity where as the non ceramic will allow the heat to escape.

I have an email from Thorley on the differences. I'll see if I can dig it up. The main difference though is the Ceramic will hold the heat in the pipe better allowing for faster exhuast velocity where as the non ceramic will allow the heat to escape.

What would you guys recommend? $329 is a fair price, but the ceramic-coated ones are a killer!

WAVEY Welcome to the board! I was born in Jersey (Passaic) and have an aunt who never left..lol. LBI rocks!

Welcome to the board.. you will find all kinds of goodies on this site!