My 2" body lift

kiwipete

Cheers for the thumbs up guys. Its been a great wee project, with a few small un-doccumented hickups along the way. But I have listed these in my origonal post.

The nudge bar in the front, (alloy), was purchased when I got the vehicle. It was just a simple matter of getting one with the correct spacing for the chasis rails.

It bolts in place where the factory hooks were, I replaced these with rated hooks.

The next project is putting the winch on, dual batteries and New Mini ITX PC case, (these cost a fortune here in NZ so im trying to get one in from the states), then get it off to the cert guy so I cn get the WOF. I have a 28 day grace peroid for the WOF.

I would have liked to have got the new rear and side bars before certification, but I have all but exhausted my funds.

nice job pete. the rear bumpers on the pathfinders up here have extra holes to mount the rear bumper a little higher on the frame.

That's a unique snorkel you have there. What brand is it? I don't seem them like that for sale in north america. We have the ones that look like this (i think they are safari snorkels):

img2879cl9.jpg

Edited by skrillaguerilla

Its an "Airflow" snorkle, made in Australia I believe.

Completed a couple more mods left over from the lift.

Lngthend the driveshaft hoop and fitted a Calmini Idler Arm brace.

I had to trim a little material from the brace as it woud not fit. As well as removing the washer from the bottom of the Ider Arm as when it was re-instlled there was insufficient thread for the nut.

Its an "Airflow" snorkle, made in Australia I believe.

Completed a couple more mods left over from the lift.

Lngthend the driveshaft hoop and fitted a Calmini Idler Arm brace.

I had to trim a little material from the brace as it woud not fit. As well as removing the washer from the bottom of the Ider Arm as when it was re-instlled there was insufficient thread for the nut.

Looks good. Is there a specific reason for the drive shaft hoop or is it just for general safety?

Airflow WD21 = http://www.gibsonrm.com.au/html/details.php?no=432

The drive shaft hoop is there just to retain the drive shaft should it pop off the front end. Retains it so it wont make a hell of a mess underneath, and if there wasnt a cross member under it, it would also prevent it from dropping to the road, digging in and tossing the truck over. I have seen this happen many years ago with a car as it was passing me on the highway. I dont know who got th biggest fright, me or him. All of a sudden this car was beside me, then it launched itself like a rocket!

Those "Airflow" pics are of an ex shop here in Christchurch NZ, must have been the NZ agents for them.

If I was ever to replace it, I would go for some professionaly bent exhaust tubing, powder coated black as these ones look so much nicer. The airflow does not fit so well along the guard and inside the guard. I had to have mine re-sealed inside the guard 3 times.

The drive shaft hoop is there just to retain the drive shaft should it pop off the front end. Retains it so it wont make a hell of a mess underneath, and if there wasnt a cross member under it, it would also prevent it from dropping to the road, digging in and tossing the truck over. I have seen this happen many years ago with a car as it was passing me on the highway. I dont know who got th biggest fright, me or him. All of a sudden this car was beside me, then it launched itself like a rocket!

Wow! I've never heard of such. Scary to say the least.

Thanks for the heads up!