Rancho SS Installed [pics]

statikuz

Not at all, I could do a writeup of the installation if you want, but I think there's another one in the how-to section of the site. I'm not entirely mechanic-savvy but I managed to do it all right. =)

Thanks! The kit cost me a whopping $67.48 shipped from Summit Racing. That was pretty much about the lowest price I could find [$54.95], but you can get those kits at a pretty wide range of stores. Stompin' good deal if you ask me. =)

speaking of body lift partys

Aaron i could of used your help on the weekend, had to do it all by myself, all my mates were 'busy'

oh well got it done, pics very soon

B)

SS question-

Thats sweet how little it costs. How much of an improvement in the ride do you notice? What sort of improvement? The steering on mine has always felt a little on the lite side. Is that the sort of thing that the ss helps with, or is it more of an off-road part?

I put my steering stabilizer on at the same time as my 32's and body lift. Unfortunately I had it turned too far up or down and it hit against something else under there. That broke the cylinder open and let the oil out. I could tell something was wrong by the way smaller bumps in the road seemed to be affecting my steering a lot more than before. After putting a new stabilizer on, bumps in the road no longer take control of the steering. If your steering feels "twitchy" on bumpy roads, a stabilizer could help you, but if you're trying to fix the amount of "play" in your steering to make it more precise then a steering stabilizer won't fix your problem.

Yep, that's about the only improvement I've seen... it doesn't make your steering any tighter, per se, but it does improve it when driving on rough roads and such... just drive over some potholes and such with your hands off the steering wheel and notice how much it turns... that'll be reduced with a SS.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just ordered my Rancho SS kit today but when I asked about the mounting bracket, I was told that everything comes with the kit.

Is there anything else I will need that is not included that I will need to go out and get?

• 8 months later...

You'll need a Rancho part #5402 steering stabilizer, and a mounting kit: Rancho part #5533. As far as I know, there is no "kit" that includes both the shock AND the mounting brackets, unless an aftermarket company buys tehm separately and sells them together.

And of course, check out the garage forum for the sticky that details the parts to put the OEM damper on. Less $, less bling. Works very well.

Rancho is Monroe. I'd be very surprised if there is any difference other than the paint color.