Sign in to follow this  
mandersen8

Wanted R50 3.5L MT engine

Hi,

I need a working nothing wrong 3.5L engine that was from a manual trans, Please message me if you have this will figure out how to get it. 

Where are you located?  Disregard; replied from mobile which didn't show your location.

Edited by hawairish

11 hours ago, hawairish said:

Where are you located?  Disregard; replied from mobile which didn't show your location.

San Francisco California

This likely doesn't meet your "working, nothing wrong" criteria, but the PNW fellas did find an 02 VQ 5MT 4WD in a yard the other day.  I believe you're looking only for a replacement swap, no rebuilding?

• Like 1

Yeah at the moment I'm looking got a decent replacement. I have a engine in the R50 now I but it has lost compression in cylinder #1 and I think it's a scorn cylinder wall. It just seems cheaper to do a replacement then a rebuild. 

Agreed, it's just probably going to be a tough item to source.  Wish you luck!

I think the one we found was 2WD but@TowndawgR50 or @ferrariowner223 probably know for certain, I was playing with different stuff

1 hour ago, RainGoat said:

I think the one we found was 2WD but@TowndawgR50 or @ferrariowner223 probably know for certain, I was playing with different stuff

Is there a different when it come to engine on a 4x4 vs 2wd?

3 hours ago, RainGoat said:

I ran the VIN, came back as 02 4WD SE MT.  I have this wild hair to put that engine and a 2wd tranny from a Frontier/Xterra into my Frontier.

1 hour ago, mandersen8 said:

Is there a different when it come to engine on a 4x4 vs 2wd?

I don't think there was a difference.  Only key difference was AT vs MT, where AT's had the power valves.

• Like 1