My $2000 pathfinder (blade)

Azbuilt

Just got (blade) a couple weeks wanted to show some pictures to you guys. Got this off a one owner school teacher from Tuscon, all orginal very well kept looking to do some work to (blade) name came from the rims. Funny thing is haven't even drove it yet cause I am currently in Michigan never even sat in it. Sits at my dads house till I get back to Arizona.

Edited by Azbuilt

These are pictures from when it was purchased. Its well cleaned now. Just waiting for me to come home

Sent from my N9510 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

the idea of having a 20ish year old truck with less mileage than my 14 year old truck seems kinda weird.

I guess when you're as financially insecure as me, being able to afford a vehicle you only use once and a while is a foreign concept.

the idea of having a truck in your garage just sitting waiting to be used seems crazy.

great find, that thing is MINT!

the idea of having a truck in your garage just sitting waiting to be used seems crazy.

The idea in a non-rust state is to drive it once a week or so, and it can last you a life time. My commute for 6 years was 6 miles, and has never been more than 25 (I don't believe in wasting the gas and time) so I don't rack up much mileage regardless. The wife works 5 miles from home and we normally have 3 cars we can use, so if one needs repair/maintenance it doesn't cause problems in mobility and there is time to source used/bargain parts and do the necessary work. Since they are all used vehicles, it almost pays for the third one to not rush/go to the mechanic. :shrug:

With a WD21 (heavily modified) with 106k miles, a stock R50 with 175k miles and a Toyota Matrix with 140k miles (assuming they all last until 200k miles) I have about 180k miles waiting to be used up. We don't drive 15k miles a year so that's at least 10 if not 15 years before we even think about another car (probably sooner for the wife though). I'm into all vehicles for about $25k and they are all paid for, so when you do the math and look at the long term, it actually makes sense and gives you a lot of options.

Besides, how do you think people wind up with classics? ;)

Sorry for the tremendous thread jack, but I felt the need to explain.

Now back to your regular program...

B

with a commute of 6 miles why not ride a bike? that's only about 25-30 minutes? The average human can ride comfortably at around 11-13mph.

yes I am a bicycle mechanic and yes I do drive to work through the winter months, but we have -40C. and yes I have ridden at that temperature and no it is NOT fun. but in the summer... Why the hell not. Parking is free and gas well, you are what you eat. I lived 7years car free, It was great but unfortunately I found I no longer rode a bike for fun and winter started to suck. now after owning the Pathy for 2 years I feel I should start riding my bike again to work. It's about 6km and takes me about 25minutes. now that the roads are getting clear and the temperatures are getting warmer, I'll be riding my bike and saving money for some much needed repairs and upgrades.

It was along a 45mph (70kph) route that I routinely watched people drift into the bike lane (not seperated, just a white line) with a few grave markers on the way. I'd prefer not to widow my wife.

I also worked some 10-12 hours days that didn't make a 30 minute ride each way realistic.

I respect bike riders and have ridden bikes for 30 years, sometimes in rain or with ice on the ground. Not fun and I won't do it unless necessary... It is not necessary in my world. :shrug:

My wife bikes to work (in town and bike paths) most of the time, 6 months a year. She's a little Asian chick who doesn't do well in inclement weather, cut her some slack.

The cars don't pollute sitting around and they don't rust to crap here. They didn't 'feed the machine' (industry) being bought used, and they are California smog tested/passed so they run cleaner than most anything you are used to. What is the issue?

you are what you eat

How much do you 'eat what you grow' up there?

B

Fair enough B

no issue,

being a bike guy and a car guy is a dichotomy. I just always try and encourage people to try other forms of transport. I wasn't trying to be smug.

though you have to agree that using a 5000lbs electro/mechanical machine to move 160lbs of me only a few miles seems like a rube goldberg thing.

I was referring to the fact that food=gas, I figure you can go further on a cup of food than a car can on a cup of gasoline.

I get what you are saying, sorry that I was snapish. It was late and I was tired/distracted. That reads a little differently today than it did last night... :shrug:

I'm with you on alternative transportation whenever it is feasible, but I have to say the older I get, the lazier I get, so sometimes the convenience factor is what matters.

I have one of these which is sufficient for my needs...

p4pb7966093.jpg

But this area isn't nearly as bike friendly as it could be and the number of times I've seen people driving into the bike lanes makes me cringe so I doubt I'll ever be a hard core commuter.

Now an electric motorcycle on the other hand... ;)

B