95 XE-V6 Exhaust Options & Other questions

enkrypt3d

thanks guys - one thing that I thought was fixed with new brakes all around but its not - When I'm backing up and turning (without applying the brakes) there's this shuddering / dragging sound coming from the rear of the truck. I thought for sure that it was the old rear brakes but these are brand new.....

Also when I go over bumps with the new shocks there's this squeaking noise in the front end - I'm guessing something needs to be lubed? Spring mounts or something? Thanks guys for answering all my questions!

Edited by enkrypt3d

Pitman arm? Are you referring to the one on the steering box? I do not believe there are any wearable parts on the steering arm. I would not replace any parts that do not need to be replaced, unless money is no concern of yours. Rancho 5000's are a good shock,

Years ago I wanted to get the 9000 series for my hardbody but they were not available, funny but Gabriel (who made Rancho at the time) had shocks called Silver E, that were 3 way adjustable and had poly bushings.

I wouldn't bother with the factory steering stabilizer, if your going to get one get an aftermarket one,most factory shocks (including stabilizers) are crap, cheapest the manufacturer could find, this excludes special packages that came with Bilstein (Chevy ZR2 comes to mind).

The sway bar end link washers go from the bottom up like this:

nut,washer,bushing,control arm,bushing,washer,sleeve,washer,bushing,sway bar, bushing,washer, head of bolt

There's an optional steering stabilizer that can be bolted in, I think it comes with a mount for the other end. Missing skid plates seem pretty common on these, probably because the bolts seize up and snap off.

Front Skid plate and components:

50810-41G00 COVER, FRONT SKID $110.60 (NISSAN LIST:$170.85)

08360-6165C SCREW, MACHINE $0.74 (NISSAN LIST:$2.55)

50817-31G00 COVER, RH, SKID $18.35 (NISSAN LIST:$38.79)

50816-31G00 COVER, LH, SKID $18.35 (NISSAN LIST:$38.79)

stabilizer pin:

48612-31G00 PIN-STEER $14.83 (NISSAN LIST: $31.65)

stabilizer kit:

$67.20 (NISSAN LIST: $80.00)