Another Australian pathy

deanslost

Hi Guys,

I am new to pathfinders Ive had mine for 10 months and love it. Paid $1500, it was relatively straight but a little neglected, It had new 31 inch tyres, new exhaust, new head...... But a big ding in the passanger rear quarter panel and lots of little problems.

Using bits I had laying around and bits Ive made or been given ive fixed allot of things.

If only I could get a little more from my Z24 thats not running quite right.

I usually just copy the image url without the tags and press the "Image" button in the post section and copy the url there. But seeing as your using photobucket you can also click on "IMG code" and paste it directly into your post and the image will appear once you post it but not in the post box unless you click "Preview Post". So like this"http://i1167.photobu......2011134.jpg" but without the quotation marks(I had to remove the "/" at the end of the image code so it actually shows you the code) and you get an image like this.

20122011134.jpg

I couldnt show you the code because it keeps coming up with an image but it looks something like this IMAGE LINK GOES HERE except on the last img part you put a / between the I and the [

Ok so thats pretty much how I brought her, a 1989 2 door with a z24 having done 360,000kms. I paid $1500 and She came with 4 new firestone 31 x 10.5 inch all terrain tyres and one new bridgestone spare. New extractors,new exhaust and apparently a new head.

With a lot of cleaning She has a nice original clean interior.

She has a beautiful wood sports steering wheel and due to a missing horn ring in the boss kit the horn didn't work so I made a new ring.

The reversing lights and the 4wd indicator lights didn't work so I soldered the wires to the terminals on the gearbox switches and thats that.

The A/C didn't work so being A fridgy I made up and replace the damaged hoses then evacuated and charged I will now be cool in summer.

She didnt Idle well didnt stop and used heaps of fuel. So I disconnected and removed the environmental stuff and fixed the vacuume leaks, It now idles and stops, but still uses heaps of fuel.

I just put new shock absorbers under her but most of the bushes and rubbers were already new. So only a few more to go and the suspension will be sorted.

She does jump out of first gear when coasting down a hill.

I have a 34 ADM Weber to go on and hopefully with a little rejetting etc i should get more power and better fuel economy.

Edited by deanslost

Looks nice!

Be sure to change out all the driveline fluids if you haven't yet. Don't forget about the brake fluid or power steering fluid, either.

If you've got the FS5R30A manual transmission, see this thread. You need to overfill your transmission; use only GL-4 rated manual transmission fluid.

Thanks for the advice when I got her I checked and the diffs, transfer and gearbox all had very fresh fluids in them. I will check to see what gearbox I have.

Oh and the bull bar was on her when I got her.

:welcome:

Nice rig, $1500 was a great price. Put an electric fan, new plugs, distributor rotor & manual hubs, I'm now getting about 20-22 on a run & 16-17 city, up from the 11 city 14 hwy I was getting.

Hi Leo,

My Dad has an awesome Patrol (if this patrol ever dies a bard somewhere will write a song about its heroic deeds) with a larger version of the same bar on it.

Hi theexbrit,

I Already have manual hubs. I plan on new plugs but there are 8 of the suckers, new rotor I hadn't thought of but will add to my list. With the electric fan, after removing the clutch fan did you fit the electric fan to the original shroud or did you remove the shroud and mount it strait on the back of the radiator ?

2 door with that sweet bumper from down under, I like it :aok:

When I did my electric fan I used it as a replacement shroud as well since it was all one unit. Wasn't trying to figure out a way to make the setup I ended up using (factory dual fan setup from a little fwd dodge) into the single hole for a wd21

• 8 years later...
On 9/4/2012 at 4:48 AM, deanslost said:

Ok so thats pretty much how I brought her, a 1989 2 door with a z24 having done 360,000kms. I paid $1500 and She came with 4 new firestone 31 x 10.5 inch all terrain tyres and one new bridgestone spare. New extractors,new exhaust and apparently a new head.

With a lot of cleaning She has a nice original clean interior.

She has a beautiful wood sports steering wheel and due to a missing horn ring in the boss kit the horn didn't work so I made a new ring.

The reversing lights and the 4wd indicator lights didn't work so I soldered the wires to the terminals on the gearbox switches and thats that.

The A/C didn't work so being A fridgy I made up and replace the damaged hoses then evacuated and charged I will now be cool in summer.

She didnt Idle well didnt stop and used heaps of fuel. So I disconnected and removed the environmental stuff and fixed the vacuume leaks, It now idles and stops, but still uses heaps of fuel.

I just put new shock absorbers under her but most of the bushes and rubbers were already new. So only a few more to go and the suspension will be sorted.

She does jump out of first gear when coasting down a hill.

I have a 34 ADM Weber to go on and hopefully with a little rejetting etc i should get more power and better fuel economy.

Hi dean are you still around to help me with this? Today I pulled and re-loomed the 8 wire bundle with the transfer switches. I have two transer/4wd indicator switches, each with one single wire but two terminals for that wire on the switch itself. Both of mine have the wire to the switches hanging on by barely a thread to one of the terminals of the switches.

I'm confused why there is only one wire tpic5.jpg.b4f5c91bc0cf3bac5aa241b6a2cbe142.jpgo each switch when the switches themselves have two separate leads/connection points on them? Is that right? How do you know which connection point is the right one?

I guess my 4x4 light doesn't work or these switches/wiring is busted because the lamps has never illuminated. How to I buy new leads/switches if I cant fix it myself? I checked my local auto shop and rockauto and the part doesn't seem to exist.

oops..

Hi dean are you still around to help me with this? Today I pulled and re-loomed the 8 wire bundle with the transfer switches. I have two transer/4wd indicator switches, each with one single wire but two terminals for that wire on the switch itself. Both of mine have the wire to the switches hanging on by barely a thread to one of the terminals of the switches.

I'm confused why there is only one wire to each switch when the switches themselves have two separate leads/connection points on them? Is that right? How do you know which connection point is the right one?

I guess my 4x4 light doesn't work or these switches/wiring is busted because the lamps has never illuminated. How to I buy new leads/switches if I cant fix it myself? I checked my local auto shop and rockauto and the part doesn't seem to exist.

4 hours ago, TheGhost said:

oops..

I'm confused why there is only one wire to each switch when the switches themselves have two separate leads/connection points on them? Is that right? How do you know which connection point is the right one?

The wires can be soldered back on, done it before. Still got to do my current pathy when I get around to it. Doesn't matter which way the wires go, it's jus an on/off switch, single polarity

Edited by FirstGenFreak