3rd Annual MrJim run

I have a friend that goes to Walker like every other weekend, Ill ask him, but last week he went and didnt tell me of anything out of the ordinary.. he rides the same set trails every time for the most part which are scattered throughout Walker so Im sure if he'd seen anything he'd of told me.

Although when I went like 3 weeks ago, a couple trails were closed for reconstruction, nothing excessive though.

As far as knowledge of the trails, Ive got nothing.. =/

Edited by feyded

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I REALLY Want to make this trip. All depends on $$ though. I am making a trip to vegas for Battleborn Quattros at the end of September... but I will see what I can do. I think it's time my pathfinder had a chance to go play!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok boys and girls, with just under 2 months to go, we need to make a decision to go to Manastash, or change the location. If anyone could go out there and check the trail condition, send a email to someone who might know, talk to a friend or stranger, whatever, would be greatly appreciated! I hope everyone is getting excited! I plan to do a roll call around Sept 1st to see once again whos coming, maybe and/or not making it.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anyway we can get a head count, and for anyone who is camping, to say so?

A Cle Elum forest ranger just updated their facebook page saying that 4WD301 is clear. This is an easy trail, NWjeepn says that it takes a couple hours to run and offers great scenery, I figure if our group is large enough that it would take a bit longer, I'm sure there will be tons of pic/vid opportunities. This particular trail is in the same area as the original trail I had in mind.

I asked if the 306, 308, and 309 were going to be clear by next month, still waiting for a response. Link here These are more difficult trails, I have never been so I'm not sure how to compare them to any of the trails that are at Evans Creek when we went for MrJim2. This is the original plan and probably still sticking to it, just making sure we still have something to do in the area, JUST IN CASE.

There IS camping at the end of the 4WD301 trail, I am unsure about the end of 4WD306 (308 and 309 are little off shoots from the main trail and loop back) though. If we do run 306, we can always backtrack and head up 301 for the people that want to camp.

Plus 1's probably won't be necessary unless they have their own truck, bodies don't take up a whole lot of space :)

Going:

SilverPath-Camping

Silverton-Camping (I plan to be out there Thur-Sun)

Maybe:

Kyle94(plus one other?)-camping

Edited by silverton

I'm a maybe. The problem is a prior commitment that weekend, but I'm working on it.

Finally picked up some mud tires, but don't have a CB or sliders yet. Will stick to easy trails, if I make it and if needed.

Going:

SilverPath-Camping

Maybe:

enginerd - will camp if attending

Finally picked up some mud tires, but don't have a CB or sliders yet. Will stick to easy trails, if I make it and if needed.

A CB "set-up" can be had for pretty cheap at Fry's in Renton, maybe 40 bucks for radio, antenna, mount, and cable.

I'm in. Sorry, I might have missed it, but where are folks looking to meet up over there? My bro-in-law wants to ride along. They live in Yakima, over Hwy 410 from here in Bonney Lake, and to the south of the off road area AFIK. A map or some landmarks would be helpful for planning. I'm liking the scenic route mentioned, especially if there are harder turnouts for those that choose. People coming from far and wide, choose your poison. ;)

I'm in. Sorry, I might have missed it, but where are folks looking to meet up over there? My bro-in-law wants to ride along. They live in Yakima, over Hwy 410 from here in Bonney Lake, and to the south of the off road area AFIK. A map or some landmarks would be helpful for planning. I'm liking the scenic route mentioned, especially if there are harder turnouts for those that choose. People coming from far and wide, choose your poison. ;)

I think just to make it easy for everyone, we can meet at a grocery store in Cle Elum.

There is a Safeway that appears to have a big enough parking lot to make grouping up easy here:

804 W. First, Cle Elum, WA 98922

Edited by silverton

Going:

SilverPath-Camping

MrJim-Camping

Maybe:

Skulptr - plus 1, plus jeep and 1 will all camp

Edited by MrJim

I will second the motion that we don't really care how many people are coming, just the number of trucks. Please edit as required:

Going:

SilverPath-Camping

Mr.510-Camping Thurs-Sun

Maybe:

Skulptr - plus 1, plus jeep and 1

I don't see how the Safeway in Enumclaw is 110 miles out of your way, when we're not even going to be wheeling 10 miles OUT of Enumclaw....

Wait, isn't the route from Enumclaw to take the Naches Trail? We had talked about wheeling our way over Naches Pass to get to Manastash before the actual MrJim Run. An optional deal for those of us with an extra day (or two). We're ending up at Manastash Ridge which can be accessed much more quickly for most people from Cle Elum, right? I'd like to run the Naches on the way, hitting that trailhead around Noon Thursday sounds about right to me.

I found a trail report from two weeks ago from a guy that ran the Naches then went to Manastash Ridge (they don't actually connect without tarmac) and how we can get over the ridge into Moon Rocks/Funny Rocks. He also linked to his GPS track in Google Maps which will probably be indispensable since we have no friggin' idea where we are going! Check it out:Naches to Manastash Ridge

Wow, I sincerely apologize! I have no idea why I was thinking it was out of Enumclaw, when it's actually out of Cle Elum. I'm going to edit my post to avoid further confusion.

As for people in the Seattle area, and do have an extra day or two, the Naches trail does start near Enumclaw/Buckley and makes its way to Manastash near Cle Elum. And me and Mr.510 do plan on running this.

There is a Safeway that appears to have a big enough parking lot to make grouping up easy here:

804 W. First, Cle Elum, WA 98922

In you're defense, Enumclaw and Cle Elum aren't very far apart... there just isn't a short paved way between them!

In other news, I'm talking with Ed that operates the website NWJeepN about the Manastash Ridge area and should have really good, detailed information about all the trails in the area prior to this run. Manastash is kind of a maze of trails so we're working to get his GPS data into my rugged laptop with internal GPS so we'll know where we are!

Ok, call me confused, but is there an actual trail route/plan to the run, or start here/end here? I'm from the Western WA side, the Enumclaw/Buckley/Bonney Lake area, which has come up. From here, the Naches Trail (Sumner-Buckley Hwy) is literally 1 block from my house, and you can follow that off road, or Hwy 410 over to the Yakima Valley. But it sounds like people are starting somewhere in Cle Elum area at the Safeway (I know it, right off I-90). I'm just trying to nail down logistics. While it doesn't sound like much online, the little details do, as it can add 100+ miles, as has been discussed. If you look at a large area map, we're talking about a big triangle - Seattle/Tacoma area, Cle Elum/Ellensburg, and Yakima. Has there been a solid start/finish line discussed? *please don't kill me for READ ABOVE!* I'm exercising limited online time with baby in-house. :) Its just that depending on the direction you're coming from vs ending from, it can make a big impact.

Ok, call me confused, but is there an actual trail route/plan to the run, or start here/end here?

The plan is to run the 4W306 trail at Manastash, with the possibility of running 4W309 and 4W308 which are offshoots of 306. At the top I believe there is camping, and depending on the number of trucks in attendance, should cover most of the day.

Since you are right near Naches, me and david (mr.510) are planning on starting on the naches on thursday, and making our way over to cle elem/manastash for the group run.

This is what I used....

http://www.nwjeepn.com/Manastash.html

Getting There:

From Ellensburg, follow Manastash road 23 miles west. Manastash road eventually turns to gravel and becomes FS31. Continue on FS31, just after Buck Meadows the road will make a hard right turn, cross a bridge and "T" into FS3100. Turn left on FS3100. It is 8.3 miles to the top of Quartz Mountain from here. The trail starts at the top of Quartz Mtn.

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

Well, my wife just got scheduled her C-section. The new little guy is coming out on Oct 14th. That is unless he is like his brother and comes 2 weeks early, yep, just in time for the Jim run. I will keep everyone updated on wether I can make it or not.

Yeah I'm the only member on the east side. Driving to where you guys are going to start is like a huge u turn for us. I can drive straight to it or drive past it to cle elum,on a completely different and longer route.

on another note, you should bring her. Shake that baby out like we did lol

Everyone cross your fingers for me that the current rebuild that is actively taking place at a shop in Everett will go as planned with no surprises. I am really excited to just have a fresh rebuild again and I am counting my nickels and dimes to make it happen.