Safari Rack

veilside180sx

It very well is a good thing I wanna do this too on my truck but did you have to cut a hole on ur roof for the offroad lights? It looks like it goes in the roof in the photos?

I hope thats a good thing?? haha

I'm pretty sure it is...

Thanks for the additional pics, that really helps get a better idea of how you put it all together. I couldn't see if it had a bottom at all but that is slick...and I especially like the adapter brackets...I know you bought them but I think after seeing them they could be fabbed too.

found this seems like they have a few different rack to choose from prices are pretty good, have a host of assesories for the racks ie shovel/ax mounts tire carrier mounts, hi lift mounts and sized cargo nets as well for each rack

My link

found this seems like they have a few different rack to choose from prices are pretty good, have a host of assesories for the racks ie shovel/ax mounts tire carrier mounts, hi lift mounts and sized cargo nets as well for each rack

roof rack link

this place also has a bunch of racks for really good prices, im ordering a black widow rack with a fairing for 130 shipped, make my own pedestal mount from some angle stock to the factory rails

roof rack link

Edited by WarehouseRat

It very well is a good thing I wanna do this too on my truck but did you have to cut a hole on ur roof for the offroad lights? It looks like it goes in the roof in the photos?

Ya I did, it was either that or I run it along the door into the engine bay. I didn't like that idea, I thinks it looks cleaner this way (from the inside atleast).

you can get weather-tight wire gromet fitting on line makes for a water tight seal cost is less then $10 from fastronix solutions

weather-tight fitting link

come in packs of 2 one for the front lights and one for the rear lights need to call them to find out price but last ime i got a few it was less then 20 for like 4 different ones

I got a SportRack brand basket on my wives 4runner (mounted to the stock roof rack). Was priced right, I think it was free shipping when I got it too. I'll look up the site I got it from when I'm at home.

Here are some pics of mine, I have a custom made rack that mounts to my factory roof rack. I think that this is the route you should go, it is the easiest and cheapest in the long run.

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

Man that's crazy! My rack looks exactly like that. Same four lights on the front and everything. Mines got two small halogens on the back as well. Besides the color and having four doors, your pathy must be a twin to mine haha. Mine even has the same brush guard.

Man that's crazy! My rack looks exactly like that. Same four lights on the front and everything. Mines got two small halogens on the back as well. Besides the color and having four doors, your pathy must be a twin to mine haha. Mine even has the same brush guard.

Haha thats cool man! I haven't seen a lot of people with the stock brush guard.

Does the spoiler hit your rack when you lift up the back gate? I have a spoiler ready to go on mine, but I wasn't sure if it'd work with the rack being on there.

nope, it comes close, but no. I can still open the sunroof too.

• 2 years later...