clicking noise while driving

foxtrot044

A couple months ago I noticed a slight clicking noise coming from somwhere and I can't figure it out. It doesnt make any noise when I am going under 10 but then it starts clicking again. It does not get louder/faster if i rev the engine or anything. Just this past month it has gotten a little worse. I would hate to go pay the shop to check it out seeing as how im broke now. Any ideas?

A couple months ago I noticed a slight clicking noise coming from somwhere and I can't figure it out. It doesnt make any noise when I am going under 10 but then it starts clicking again. It does not get louder/faster if i rev the engine or anything. Just this past month it has gotten a little worse. I would hate to go pay the shop to check it out seeing as how im broke now. Any ideas?

have you checked your tires for foreign objects? could also be a zip tie around your driveline.... thats a nasty prank you can play on some one....

this is probably not the problem but when i hard a ticking noise i thought it was just low on oil so i checked and it was so i filled it up and it was still doing it so i was like wtf and about a week later the timing belt broke.....and now im parting it out haha. O well out with the old and in with my new baby i mhopefully getting in 2 days!

is the clicking only when you are rolling? if so do you have cheap brake pads...if so jack up the front wheel and spin the tire...if you hear clicking pull the front tire and I will almost put money on it that the glued on shims have come off of the pads and are hitting the casting for the spindle...

is the clicking only when you are rolling? if so do you have cheap brake pads...if so jack up the front wheel and spin the tire...if you hear clicking pull the front tire and I will almost put money on it that the glued on shims have come off of the pads and are hitting the casting for the spindle...

I had the same problem, with the stupid shims, on my passenger side, it would click like that every time I used the brakes.

I'm for checking the tires. You'll get rocks stuck in the treads sometimes. Makes a horrible racket...

The thicker the tread, the bigger the rocks, the louder the clicking.

My ProComps pick up some the size of walnuts! Sounds like a gunshot when they sling one out into the fender-well at 45mph.

I didnt notice any difference when braking and I thought the sound went away over 15-20 mph but it was just my exhaust leak drowned out the clicking sound...I had 2 sets do it on the driver side and 1 on the passenger side...but yea it may not be obvious at 1st (mine wasnt) so when i popped the pin out and flipped the caliper up is when I noticed that over half of the shim had been "turned" away and it had "turned" a good bit of the spindle away

well my odometer is basically dead but almost 125k. AS far as the timing belt, it was replaced 6/27/07. I also had new brakes and rotors put on about a year ago. They wern't cheap brakes from autozone. OEM replacements.

They wern't cheap brakes from autozone. OEM replacements.

mine werent all that cheap either...they were $35 OEM replacements...I didnt go ceramics but the highest they had for OEM replacement and they were junk...I wish I had pictures of them...I even JB welded the shims on after the 1st time and I think from the heat it cracked the JB and they still came loose...

if its not those I hope you find what it is soon and its a cheap/easy fix