Rear lift springs

Tincan4X4

JeffsBroncoGraveyard.com

The first three on THIS page will fit perfectly. I just put on the 4-4.5" springs and had to cut one of the crossmembers because the driveshaft was rubbing it. I also had to weld on a drop bracket for the panhard rod.

JeffsBroncoGraveyard.com

The first three on THIS page will fit perfectly. I just put on the 4-4.5" springs and had to cut one of the crossmembers because the driveshaft was rubbing it. I also had to weld on a drop bracket for the panhard rod.

Shame on you Trail.... Your giving me ideas.... *Must Focus on Winter Project....

JeffsBroncoGraveyard.com

How much rear lift did that give you?

I actually didn't measure, but I could snap a pic and post it up after the sun comes up. I need to find a stock pathy to compare measurements to. Anyone with a stocker want to measure from the ground to the middle of the rear fender lip. I don't have the flares, so I need the measurement from the bend in the sheet metal.

I just cut the part off at the top were it that turned toward the middle. I don't think it effected height at all.

P1010083.jpg

P1010084.jpg

Those pics were taken with all my tools in the back, along with two heavy big deep cycle batteries and the 50+lbs jerry can full of gas and all my trail tools and spare parts. It's a bit stiffer of a ride now, but not too bad. 'm hoping they'll settle a little in the next couple of months. The ride is much better when the truck is loaded tho.

you have way more rear lift than I do with my calmini coils. I have a set of 3" AC coils i am going to install instead. It looks like your axle has crept forward a little too. are you going to evntually do a body lift? I've been daydreaming about cutting off the upper spring perch and sliding it down a couple inches on the frame, then add a gusset between the backside of the perch and the side of the frame to keep it strong. That would definitely lift you up, but you might need some longer upper and lower rear links and still bang the d-shaft on the x-member.

Edited by skrillaguerilla

I'm trying not to do a body lift unless it's absolutely necessary to clear the tires in the front. I'm more than willing to trim out whatever sheetmetal is required to get the 33's on my pathy as it is right now. I just need to decide what backspacing to go with on the new rims.

I'm thinking the 1-2" Bronco Coils on the site TC posted would work nicely for 3" of lift, even with the added weight I have on the back of my truck.

Trail,

So you used 4-4.5" springs in the rear. What did u use for your front lift?

Im also curious to know how you modified your crossmember and how difficult it was. Pics would be sweet!

... drools... to hell with the 3" Calumi this spring! :tongue:

al

• 6 months later...