1993 XE To Do list?

Rocker

Hi all, I am taking delivery of a 93 XE next week. It has 133,000 miles on it. It runs and drives great but reading here I am nervous about a few things.

After paying for the rig i will have $400.00 bucks to put in it. I am thinking a transmission flush and filter along with oil change, filter, front and rear diff fluid change. Not sure about the transfer case on these. What does it take for lube?

I would also like to change the timing belt,cam seals,thermostat,and waterpump if I can scrounge up the cash.

Is there anything I am missing? I would like to get these maintenance issues behind me for peace of mind as well as pave the way to start upgrading things like tires and such.

I am really excited about the pathfinder. I have owned jeeps before and I gotta say the pathfinder is MUCH better on my kidneys!!

Thanks for the great forum and look forward to the great information found here!!

John

as above:

t belt

all other belts

t stat

cam seals

tranny flush/fluid

oil filter

trans cooler if autotragic

check all hoses/vaccum lines/manifolds for broken studs

give 'er a once over... check all lines/bushings/etc underneath..... ;) and CONGRATS!!!!! :beer:

as above:

t belt

all other belts

t stat

cam seals

tranny flush/fluid

oil filter

trans cooler if autotragic

check all hoses/vaccum lines/manifolds for broken studs

give 'er a once over... check all lines/bushings/etc underneath..... wink.gif and CONGRATS!!!!! beer.gif

Welcome :beer:

Hey, welcome!

You'll find that this forum has some of the nicest folks around. No A**HOLES like so many others have.

One thing I've noticed that is not often mentioned is changing the PCV valve. I understand this is considered a tune up item. I just changed mine and it was crapped out. Even had to get a new hose since the old one was stiff as a board!