Calmini

Guest ARB

I have 31's and 3" suspension lift. I thought it would be easier on the steering with 31's and later if I get the CALMINI steering kit I can go up to 32's

It doesn't work like this. If you wheel with a suspension lift, you can have 29" tires and you'll still blow out your stock steering system. Just look at it and see how forces are distributed. There is no way of avoiding it. Nissan dropped the ball on their crappy IFS design.

Thanks for the compliments.

I agree with the crappy nissan steering. I just figured if I stayed with 31's it was a little less drag and weight for the steering. I know it will fail, maybe it will just take a little longer!!!

Plus with the lift and rims I needed to save some money and the tire store had these 31's that fit in the back of their storage room, someone had not picked them up and I got them for $89 a tire!

Casey, I used the CALMINI ones. I got the whole 3" kit. You can definitely tell the CALMINI ones are stiffer. I have had the lift on for about 6 months and the ride has softened a little, but it feels more like a truck

• 1 month later...

Just sifting through the forums and found this thread. In the Process right now of gathering the needed material for a 6" total. 3BL, 3SL. Now a couple of Questions.

Body Lift was already installed and I picked up some, JGC Springs but the pictures on 88's site aren't coming up for me so Not exatly sure where to make the cuts. If anyone can PM me with them that would be great. I have some Calmini UCA's, Sway Away T-Bars, some new Moog Ball Joints, a set of 4 Rancho 9000x's, and 4 slightly used 33" x 12.50" x 15" Hercules AT Tires. (They aren't great but only $300.00 Can)

The question's are:

1) Talking about it being a stiffer ride with T-Bars Cranked and new UCA's, will the new Rancho's suck some of that truck feel up?

2) I haven't got a clue what the Fabed E-Brake Extension should look like and as I said, a lot of pictures aren't coming up for me so if someone can PM me one of those.

3)If for whatever reason the UCA's start sqweaking as mentioned by a few of you Calmini owners, Any kind of Lube by the Bushing may stop this?

4) Concerning Steering components. If I pick up a new I&P Centerlink, Fab the Idler Arm and Pittman Arm for strength, and throw in a Rancho RS 5000 Steering Stabilizer and Take off the Sway Bars, will I need to upgrade any other Steering parts?

This process is costing a Bloody Fortune and losing track of the Light at the end of the tunnel.

Dowser