Antenna Mast

John Boy

3) Unsnap the cap from the antenna base

4) Remove screws and lift off the antenna, pulling the cable with it carefully.

Well, thats the world according to Chilton. It's cold and cloudy outside and I'm too lazy to look right now. When the sun comes out... ;)

B

I'm not understanding, mine has a cap and one screw holding the cap down but I thought you could just screw the MAST part out, it has two flat spots on it for like a wrench to fit on it. All I needed was the MAST part off. When I went to unscrew the MAST it snapped leaving part of the actually MAST still inside. So does the MAST just screw into that base? :confused:

On a side note I still get good reception and it looks kinda cool almost like it's a power antenna.

JB, is it correct that your antenna was a fixed one rather than a telescoping power ant?

That is correct ................It is NOT a power antenna so I was just a little confused as to if the mast screwed in or not. I'm assuming it does but it broke off inside the base, I'll need to get it out with a screw extractor.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I butchered the antenna mast. :hide: Did you ever feel like something was working fine and you went and messed with it and made it worst? It had a little stubby still left inside and reception was fine but I had to go mess with it. Even after butchering it the reception is still fine. I would replace the whole thing but I think that involves taking the whole fender off. Correct me if am wrong.

I too found out the hard way. You have to remove the fender to be able to take it out and replace it.

Thanks, I think that antenna in the front window plays more a part then we think when it comes to radio reception.

I broke mine wheelin I just went to autozone and got another one (aftermarket)

telescoping (man) with a spring on the bottom so as not to break it playin again

routed the new anten cable that came with it through the fender and the firewall

the whole thing only took about 30 minutes .The ant. was a universal one that had

a trim adapter that is mainly for Fords but it coverd the Nissan square hole in the fender Nicely.I think it only cost about $15. Good luck B)

P.S. I dont think the mast just screws off mine didnt

but the plate and shaft under the mast in the fender has a screw holding it on the truck.

Well just an update on the manual antenna thing.......The proper way to remove the antenna is as follows.

First remove the glovebox door by pressing in on the hinges, then remove the back panel of the glovebox, 6 screws. Then remove the inner fender panel and there lies the antenna cable which you can disconnect and then place a new one in the top of the outer fender.