Need help with the ECU

wheel366

As you all know, I have a 95 that got much work done. I have what we think is a misfire. We just replaced the Cap and rotor tonight and it still does it.

While trying to find the ECU, I am lost. I thought that my pathy was ODB II, but I think I am wrong now. My dad has a scan tool. Where is the ECU located and how do I get to it?

Looks like I was running a code 34, which from what I can find is the knock sensor. That was the only code. I cleared and and am now going to see if it shows up again.

So, I was driving today to play a gig with my band and the truck just stalled! Couldn't keep it started. What luck I have. My dad went to take a look and got it home somehow, but I have't spoken to him yet.

Let's hope it wasn't anything bad.

i recently had an engine swapped out and my ecu keeps throwing error 34 also..

however i did find a plug on the rear of the engine that is not pluged in.. i think that is the knock sensor plug.. but on mine i can't find where to plug it in.. u might want to check the plug.. it's kinda kidden so maybe ur shop forgot to plug it in.. if it is pluged it lemme know where it is so i can plug mine in..heh... g/l with all that

Well, I checked the codes and got a 34 again, however we replaced the fuel filter and put some iso-heat in and the truck will run now but it's a little rougher than it is normally.

Would a bad knock sensor cause a misfire or similar symptoms?

Drove it home from work today and it was doing to same thing as Saturday. Stalling everywhere, overheating etc...

I put some octane booster in it, but I highly doubt that will help. I left a message on the shops voice mail so hopefully I'll hear from them tomorrow.

Man, this sucks. I've invested around $15,000 into this truck with $5,000 of that in lost parts. The money I put into it from now on is money on things I WANT to do, not money to FIX it.

And to top it off, my S4 is in the shop too getting warranty work done and I won't have it back to maybe next week.

Man, that sucks!  I'm screwed!

you are not skrewd. simply take the upper intake (intake plenum) off and PRESTO! there the little critter is..... bit of contortionism and yer in there. unplug and add new sensor.

if you wanna get as close as possible, take both intakes off and the RH valve cover will also have to come off ;P

i have a spare knock sensor should you be financially strapped :beer:

:eek: http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList.as...or=Knock+Sensor

Edited by Slick

here's a pic when i took a pic of the back of the motor when i pulled it in 2005. slightly better idea what's around..... it's circled in white.

Thanks for the offer, but money for the part isn't the problem.

It could also be the wiring too. You know, I bought two cars so I can have one while the other is in the shop and it always turns out the both are in at the same time!

I need a 3rd car!

:huh: hey..... my motors purdier than yours :P

tell me this don't look wicked nice

no way! I'm gonna take a pic when I go home tonight and post it. The we'll see whose motor is purdier

• 3 weeks later...

So, I finally got some news about my pathfinder. It seems that the distributor is shot. They reset the timing and drove it around and when they checked the timing again, it was off.

So, they are looking to get a replacement. They are also looking into the knock sensor.