R50 survives an accident!

SaKaNa

Well I'm going through a turn on a highway, and this guy decides to change into my lane (far left lane) without signaling or looking for someone. I swerve into the guardrail to get away, i see smoke and @!*%, start thinking my Pathfinder is ruined forever. I pull into a parking lot to asess the damage, and hear a sound coming from it.

After bending the bumper back a bit, and jaming the plastics somewhat back where they belong, I can use it again, with a missing turn signal and messed up headlight. And no washer fluid.

http://sakana.ath.cx:81/pathydamaged/

It looks REALLY bad, but after looking at it fora while i have come to the conclusion that its only a few cosmetic things that are totally $#&%ed up, and most of it should be fixable by either hammer or scraps.

Dam that sucks sorry to hear that about the pathy, were you able to get the license plate of the other car? probably not as you were probably saying oh s&^& or atleast that is what I would have been doing. It looks like the damage can be fixed by way of a hammer, fender,bumper maybe grill. Hey great time to get a billet grill made for that bad boy. But seriously though glad atleast you are ok.

I took that plastic grille thing off and worked on hammering the @!*% back and bending it. The bumper just needs to be completely removed, but I dont want to do all that tonight since I am taking it into my mechanic tomorrow for some SRS work, oil change, and exhaust repairs.

I'll probably just scrap a new bumper, headlight and parking light, and it'll be fine. It ended up looking like:

http://sakana.ath.cx:81/upload/files/DSC09949.JPG

Its a bit better than before, some stuff still needs alot of work.

That really bites, but it might be looked at as an opportunity. If it will be covered by insurance, you could use part of the repair money to replace the bumper with an ARB or TJM bumper instead of stock. it is about the same price as what a dealer will charge for a stock number.

Paint isn't going to cheap, either. If you're trying to save a few bucks, there are always tons of bumpers on eBay. I couldn't find a stock bumper that was already painted when I was trying to replace mine and I looked for 6 months.

ebay is loaded with R50 bumpers, I'm going to a couple junkyards today to look for a new headlight and parking light, and I'm ordering a new bumper AND brush guard from ebay.