since no one answered me in the "new paint" thread

cohen

Well, since they use a Frontier as an example for the kit you can't base much on the pictures. Those pictures are generic examples of what the bodylift parts look like.

The kit is made by Performance Accessories, someone that used that kit will probably comment on how complete they are.

If you want to know how many blocks come in the kit, email the seller and ask him. I try to avoid buying stuff online from people with crappy communication and an even worse warranty. :contract:

Edit: here is the company site Performance Accessories

Edited by madhatter_xe

haha my fault. I didn't see it. I'm leaving for vacation this weekend and want to order it before I go, so when I come back I can start working on it -bounce-

To ensure you get the right parts, email the seller and ask for the manufacturer part number and cross-reference that to the manufacturer website or with the manufacturer representative on the phone.

Then, double check when you recieve the item that the part number is indeed the same as you were originally given.

Thanks for all the help, I emailed the company just now.

2 of my friends are helping me out with it, after installing a lift on one of their toyota pick-ups.

Tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :takebow:

There's a ton of information already on the forums regarding body lifts.

Check out the Pinned Topics in the Tech Section at the top of the Garage as well as the How-To Section first....

Then a quick search should bring up a ton of stuff.

My friend has some 37x I think 14.50 Baja Claws on his Chevy.... they suck, he couldn't pull out our buddy that was stuck in a pond. I had to hook on to his rear bumper then we did it. Ground wasn't even very slippery....

just curious why everyone says the last two are the worst? I havent done my lift yet, but it looks like the ones infront of the back wheels would be worse. unno.

All the others are nut and bolt, the rear most has a captive nut welded into the body so you have to have it lined up dead on for it to go in. That is of course if you can get the old bolt out without it breaking in that nut (has happened) a lot of work to fix it if that happens.

As for the shifter, I had to notch my console and floor for mine to go into Lo, and I only have 2"BL.

july 4th!...is when I'm going to attempt to put it on. I just got back from vacation and opened the box to find...all kinds of bolts, screws, I never knew existed and of course the blocks. I read the directions and I am totally lost. but I have the handy dandy body lift guide from this website. I reallly hope all goes well. I'd hate for something to go wrong and I have to end up selling it or spending hundreds of dollars getting it fixed. Hopefully mine and my 2 buddies patience don't run out. -thnkboutit-