Swapping Out New Pathy LE OEM Tires

joe_s2k

I just picked up my new Pathy LE and wasn't too happy with the tires that came with it. As you may have heard, Houston has a very bad storm on Monday that dumped 15-18 inches of rain within a few hours and continued raining for the rest of the day. There was extensive flooding and the roads remained wet for the next few days. While driving to work, I couldn't help but notice that these tires were having a hard time getting traction and hydroplaned when driving through small patches of water. I found several web reviews confirming what I had experienced

I have a friend who's a manager at a Discount Tire in Texas City and spoke to him about some replacement All Terrain options. He recommended the Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor and the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo.

Both looked good on Tire Racks Customer Review site. I decided on the Bridgestone's and should be having them installed on Friday. I'll update this thread with my analysis of their wet traction and hydroplaning impressions.

Edited by joe_s2k

Yes, the Revo's have generally good feedback. It just amazes me how many people drive SUV's with crappy tires until they have to use SUV capabilities, then they want to upgrade tires. Sorry, not crapping on you, just making an observation. Probably more about how people prepare for issues after the fact... :shrug:

B

... Sorry, not crapping on you, just making an observation. Probably more about how people prepare for issues after the fact... :shrug:

B

I am preparing, will get them BEFORE snow flies (I hope :o ) :D

And the Hankook's will have one summer left in them :aok:

Yes, the Revo's have generally good feedback. It just amazes me how many people drive SUV's with crappy tires until they have to use SUV capabilities, then they want to upgrade tires. Sorry, not crapping on you, just making an observation. Probably more about how people prepare for issues after the fact...  :shrug:

B

What amazes me is that Nissan sells them with crappy tires. I just picked up my Pathy on Monday from the dealership and immediately noticed how bad these tires were on the drive home.

I auto-x and track my S2000, so I know that tires make all the difference in the world.

• 3 weeks later...
Good call on the Revos, they're great tires!

I hope to have an S2k within a year...I'm a BMW guy, about to pick up an E36 328is probably and look foward to Auto-Xing and tracking it.

Thanks! After 3 weeks and 1900 miles, I love the Revo's too. They've been great on the rainy streets, but I'm really wanting to do a little more now. ;)

Check out www.S2KCA.com if you need any S2000 info. They have a great group of people over there that are willing to answer any questions you might have. I've been there for the last 5-6 years now. I've got 136k miles on mine and still can't get tired of this car.

Edited by joe_s2k