I want to cancel my AOL account

dagwoodzz

Yea i heard about this happening with AOL... members of another forum I frequent actually called in and recorded their account cancelling experiences and shared it with others... Pretty much the same stuff. Except much more R rated. :D

AOL actually had my credit screwed up really bad for a while. I cancelled my account. They kept billing me. I called them again, they kept billing me. This went on for MONTHS I got a new checking account...they kept trying to bill my old debit/credit card. I get a collections notice over a year later. It was for the amount that they had been trying to bill for the last year that I was "cancelled" They are in my top 5 of absolute worst companies to deal with EVER. I will never hand them another penny for anything ever again.

The recording is worse than the transcript. The sad thing is that they fired the customer service guy they trained not to cancel the account. How'd you like to work for jerks like that!

Edited by dagwoodzz

I used AOHell in Cali while I was out of town for a while. Tried to cancel and this girl on the other end argued with me for 30 minutes, same thing. I swore at her and cussed and yelled and she STILL wouldn't listen. Finally got it done and never heard another word, but they did send me more crap in the mail for a while.

that's incredible. i have never used AOL but have heard of them beind asshats about cancelling, but my god! and then to fire the poor guy when he did exactly what he was supposed to do is outrageous!

it's not like AOL needs the business..... or they're just a small company or something......... sheesh :angry:P...

:shrug: Both my family and my grandmother never had any problems cancelling our AOL accounts. Our grandma actually got a rebate because she wasn't even using the service for two months before she cancelled.