AZ Peoples

The Drift

I notice that we have quite a few members here from AZ.

I'm looking for some info, namely in the Phoenix region, but anywhere in AZ will suffice.

Outside of Boeing, and Intel what major corporations do you know of with large offices/facilities/etc. in AZ or Phoenix. Anything you've got for me I'd appreciate. Especially if they are in a technology field or have a large IT support group.

depending on what you want to do, we have a lot of virtual positions available (work from anywhere). take a look at our open positions

Thanks, not actually looking for a job actually. Doing some market research and looking at every single avenue I can. I work from Chicago, but I work with companies in AZ. Looking to expand the scope of my business a bit though.

I'm new to Phoenix, so I don't really know. If you were to ask on the Nissan4wheelers.com message board, you'd have about 100 responses. 90% of their members are based in the Phoenix/Central AZ region.

I will have to check that out.

Thanks.

You can always apply with the power companies also, they always need an it person. or you can try applying at the palo verde nuclear power plant, out side of phoenix. The power companies are APS and SRP. i work with APS, I can get you a phone# for human resources on thursday, since i'm off today and tomorrow.

Edited by solid snake

You can always apply with the power companies also, they always need an it person. or you can try applying at the palo verde nuclear power plant, out side of phoenix. The power companies are APS and SRP. i work with APS, I can get you a phone# for human resources on thursday, since i'm off today and tomorrow.

I actually do some business with SRP and APS already. What a coincidence.

why don't you just pull up the phoenix chamber of commerce web site and access the business directory?

Services

Business Number of jobs Website

Banner Health System 15,950 Visit Site

US Postal Service 11,406 Visit Site

Marriot International 4,850 Visit Site

Starwood Hotels 4,094 Visit Site

Mayo Foundation 3,862 Visit Site

Caremark Rx, Inc. 2,576 Visit Site

Hilton Hotels Corp. 1,400 Visit Site

Trade

Walmart Stores 23,418 Visit Site

Bashas' 13,595 Visit Site

Kroger Company 9,758 Visit Site

Target Corp. 8,261 Visit Site

Albertson's Inc 9,500 Visit Site

Safeway Stores 7,546 Visit Site

Circle K/Tosco Marketing Co. 4,600 Visit Site

Manufacturing

Honeywell 13,479 Visit Site

Intel Corp. 9,525 Visit Site

Boeing Co. 4,800 Visit Site

Avnet, Inc. 2,116 Visit Site

Motorola 1,500 Visit Site

TRW 2,200 Visit Site

Government

State of Arizona 62,000 Visit Site

Maricopa County 15,218 Visit Site

City of Phoenix 13,617 Visit Site

Arizona State University 10,530 Visit Site

Luke Air Force Base 9,000 Visit Site

Mesa Public Schools 8,684 Visit Site

Edited by k9sar

I lived in Arizona for a little while and except for a few major companies it's not a state were you will get rich at. Being a republican state the laws are more geared for business owners opposed to the working man. Right to work state it is.

I believe the lack of unions is one of the problems, the lack of unions once again comes from the predominately Republican government. I was quite surprised to see some of the pathetic starting salaries even for skilled workers. I found the only thing really cheaper in Arizona opposed to back east is the real estate and even that is skyrocketing. Yes I think the large population of Mexican immigrants plays a huge part in all of this also. No offense to Mexicans as I understand how poor that country is.

Personally besides the employment situation I just couldn't deal with that prolonged heat and moved back east. But it is a beautiful state especially in the mountains. I did like hanging around ASU and watching some of the most prettiest girls I have ever seen.