JGC Coils

CrazzyMax

I believe it is "up to" 3 inches depending on how much your existing are sagging and if you have a tire carrier, overweight dog (or Ol' Lady) in back :o

(See I did learn something besides photoshopin' Gay Dudes behind "it's a Jeep Thing" tire carriers!)

i had the exo carrier when i did the swap.. and my t bars are feeling their age yet i still got 3 & 3/4" of lift...... i run rancho 5000 shocks with the JGC coils....

before and after pics..... (the stock pic was with 29" tires.. now i run 31's) just FYI...

PathyAfterPlay11204.jpg

Pathy61806.jpg

**just remember... i only gained 1/2" from taking the tire carrier off (that's about 90lbs right there)..... and i put 31's on and took the fender flares off... but you get the idea ;)

here's a link to a pic comparison i did before and after....

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/Slick...=pathyafter.jpg

slick...why did you take your carrier off???

do you like having less cargo area inside????

just wondering  :)

actually... i still have a 31" spare, my compressor, and a box with 2 x 12's back there.. no problems... and no.. the seats are NOT down.. and no the only thing i had to alter was putting the spare inside. :P

and i don't have rug rats so it's alllllllllllll MY SPACE -bounce-

oh yeah. and i hated the weight and the look of the carrier...... sold it to another NPORA member who wanted one... saved muhself 90lbs of ass saggin and still have room....

Edited by Slick

hah, rug rats...

i was wondering, just beacause i like the space and the look of the spare tire carrier....to each his (or her) own i suppose....

i debated on it for a long time, and decided the pathy was slow enuff without having all the x tra weight back there and i really liked the look of pathys that had the internal tire carriers.. so.... i made mine an internal carrier too..lol :D

hah, i like seeing my tire back there, and with the 31 on it, makes it look more like an off road rig...heh i dunno...who cares if i have drag...it already gets horrible gas mileage..... :D

well i put the springs in..only in theback and didnt modify the front. I have the tire carrier plus some speakers in the back..and a full gas tank lol. it still has a nice angle which i really like. id say 3" i might have gotten more to be honest. and even when i have heavy stuff in theback it still holds up. i had the tire carrier off and empty tank and it was the same. :D

A rear tire carrier weighs 55 lbs. I just weighed mine. Just so you know.  :)

hmm.. mine weighed 55 lbs too.. and that damn spare! holy hell! wtf... it was a 215x70x15 and weighed more than the carrier i swear! :sniff:

Edited by Slick

year of the coil only really matters if you care about age and sag. I chose FN coils from a newer JGC rather than an older one (still FN coils) cause they weren't as rusty and probably still had most of their spring left in them.