Can you tell if this is an LSD

Guest Henrychamb

Guest Henrychamb

I don't see an orange sticker, and I won't be able to test it for two weeks, but I thought you may see something. It says "BE7004"

post-1-1149961190.jpg

Guest Henrychamb

I thought so, I'll have to wait to check it out, and see if I should buy lockers. Thanks for the reply.

I always thought you could check for LSD simply by jacking up the rear and spinning a tire an open diff will spin the other side the opposite direction but an LSD will spin them both the same direction....at least that was how mine operated B)

I always thought you could check for LSD simply by jacking up the rear and spinning a tire an open diff will spin the other side the opposite direction but an LSD will spin them both the same direction....at least that was how mine operated B)

yup, thats how to check for it, and like Mz said its hard to tell from the outside, its probably not since theres not even an outline of where a sticker could have been, my lil sticker has survived several washdowns with a pressure washer

Guest Henrychamb

Actually, I think it is. I just took a second (closer) look to the picture I took, and there seems to be a cleaner part where the sticker should be. Here's a closer look. Anyway I will be doing the test soon enough and find out for real.

post-1-1150074316.jpg

i find it stupid how the only way of telling if its an lsd is a sticker. like...was that a last minute idea from nissan. not even paint or imprint but a sticker...at least i still have mine ;)

i find it stupid how the only way of telling if its an lsd is a sticker. like...was that a last minute idea from nissan. not even paint or imprint but a sticker...at least i still have mine ;)

Actually those stickers have proven to be some tough little SOB's... I would bet that most of the ones no longer attached have been removed by someone intentionally ;)

looking at the pic i'd say the sticker was once there, and in the same location as my LSD sticker, which is still present (see pic).... but the spin test will tell you for sure and on;y takes 5 minutes ;)