good lord....

sammyb33

ok, installed the Rough Country UCA's everything went well....new poly bushings, new ball joints. installed the JGC springs along with sway away Tbars, so all in all i got the 3 inch lift. YAY. ok realize i have to get it aligned, thats all ok. Thinking about it last night, i didnt have any alignment shims and my tires were sitting \ -- / (oh shiznit). realizing last night (before i took it in this morning) that it might not be possible to get it aligned. This was confirmed by my trusted shop mechanic (known him for years) but he said he might be able to work with it.....

So my question is, has anyone else run across this problem? If it cannot be aligned...i have a feeling i am gonna get pissed only because i dished out nearly 200 for those dang UCA's.........

please someone tell me they have a solution for me...please.....

Edited by sammyb33

i really dont think i am...install was easy...step by step...easy...had my uncle (mechanic) check it...he said..hmmm..just get it aligned...shop said it might be impossible...which would suck...im hoping it can be aligned...

IMHO, if its sitting on the bump stops its cranked too far. Mine were cranked up sitting on the low-profile bump stops and my buddy that was doing the alignment had to drop it down to about a 1" gap over the bump stops so it could be aligned.

Edit: I have the AC 3" UCA's.

Worn BJ's and tie-rods will make an alignment impossible too.

Edited by madhatter_xe

just replaced the ball joints with the install...

ok....result...worn inner and outer tie rods....

then go back for alignment...