CV AXLE REPLACEMENT QUESTION

I recently lifted my 99 SE and it took all of 2 weeks and one wheelin session at the beach here in NC to blow out one of my inner CV boots. I feel like its too late to salvage it, as it is already grinding--mostly when turning. My truck has 95k on it, so the boots were pretty thrashed before the lift, so my question is: What type of replacment axle should i buy, factoring in the increased stress on these joints from the lift springs?

It would seem to me that the neoprene boots would be much less likely to crack, but I'm just not sure and because its such an important part of the 4w setup, I want to install the best part. I'm leaning towards a Cardone Select which is a new axle, and uses neoprene boots.----Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Ps--I've located this axle at partsamerica.com for 99.99-no shipping/core charges.

Thanks Alot.

post-7-1148937075.jpg

i would go to autozone....the initial cost is fairly high but the durlast brand (autozone brand) is free lifetime replacement no questions asked....it has worked wonders for myself...dont forget there is a core charge on a half shaft.

i know AC sells the aftermarket boots - I havnt heard ANYTHING about these though. as for the replacement - a friend did a small write up on it and i know there is a write up on this board somewhere.

Thanks alot so far for the feedback. I'm still wondering if anyone has tried the neoprene type boot on either a new axle, or just as a replacement boot. The angle on my cv axles right now seems so severe that I'm really concerned about the boots holding up(could you tell?)

I think I'm leaning towards the new one I mentioned earlier--with no core charge, that means that I'll still have a semi-workable axle to bring along wheelin for a really "bad" day.

DT, thanks for the link, it was helpful on the repair itself.

Hey B whats up dog?

Thats some bad news man. Forget about that other one for a bad day of wheeling. After you install your new one you will know what i mean. It aint fun putting them in and could not imagine doing it on the trail! It would be bad enough getting one out if you had the right tools with you and would be alot easier if it broke in 2 pieces. Damn i know you blew all your dow on that lift too!