front and rear diff

ok almost half way through my frame swap and i gots a question

nott sure how to word it

but here goes

my donor frame has everything intact but it has drums on the back where as my rear diff has disc brakes so i guess my ? is do you have to match up front and rear diffs in pathfinders or am i gonna be safeby just swapping the rear ends ?

did that make sense i dunno im tired

I will go on the assumption that you are swapping the frame and possibly some runner gear components, but are leaving everything on the body of your original truck intact.

If that is the case then you should use your disk brake setup (lets not forget that disks are preferred my most anyway ;) )

The major difference, aside from the disk/drums, is the Master Cylinder. If you do decide to use the drum equipped axle then you will need to swap the master cylinders too.

I feel like I am missing something here (maybe the proportioning valve - but I think the MC handles all of that in these trucks) :shrug:

Someone else will jump in if I am :aok:

Edited by RedPath88

Gear ratios have to match if you're swapping diffs. Check the donor vehicle's build plate under the hood on the pass. side for the axle code. HG43 = 4.3 gearing, HG46 = 4.6 gearing.

if i have the option for gears which would be better and why

thanks

now i just gotta find that plate