T bars

Airrun2002

Loosen up the 3 bolts on the front a little, then do some tapping on the bars.... they should almost fall out....

If your putting these ones back in, make sure you mark them Left and Right... Also mark them for indexing to get them back in almost the same spots....

From '89 FSM

Rear of T-Bars:

Remove Adjusting nut

Move dust cover, then detach snap ring from anchor arm.

Front of T-Bars

Remove torque arm fixing nuts, then remove torsion bar spring forward with torque arm

Edited by RedPath88

Yes, loosen the front 3 bolts. My T-bars were bound until I did that, then they fell out as Casey said. Be forwarned... No need to remove the front piece unless things are rusted together.

B

Since I have a manual I cannot say for sure, but I would venture to say that the bolt pattern for the mating surface is the same (or close) between the two and in that case... yes, because the starter bolts (on a manual) go through the tranny case, the tranny bracket bolted to the side of the engine and thread into the starter case.

According to PartsAmerica.com and RockAuto.com, about $100 +core and up

Edited by RedPath88

Do you have to lift the front of the truck off the ground to remove or torq the Tbars?

To remove, yes, unless you want the front end to sag down to the upper travel limits of the a arms (don't try it). To torque, no....

B

Having the front end in the air will make it easier to remove and to crank them down.....

After adjusting them you will have to move the Pathy to see where your final adjustments landed you on height and if your level.... may take a couple of tries to get it perfect.....

Or when you take it in for the alignment have them level it out.....