Fuel pump issues

ChromoTech

I know its a common sound for all chevy's to make they have "whining" fuel pumps. But on my 95 Pathfinder, I dont hear mine enough to notice it except for the initail start up, I like to turn the key let the fuel pump turn on and when i hear it stop then turn the ignition over. But outside the car I have never noticed the sound other than when i do the initail start up deal, which is normal.

The hissing is definately a radio problem. To fix it, turn that little black knob on your stereo system clockwise until the noise goes away. Note: this aslo works on tire-hum, singing u-joints, nagging wives and girlfriends, etc

• 3 months later...

I think the search method finally paid off for me on this one...

I was just about to start a new post asking about a hissing noise around the rear passinger tire... I was fixing a flat the other day in the 90deg. heat with the wife and kids in the truck enjoying the nice cool A/C when I noticed a strange hissing noise... The tire was already flat so I kinda figured that wasn't the problem/sound. When I had my wife kill the truck the hissing instantly stopped.

SOOO, This IS the fuel pump right? Nothing to be worried about...?

I think the search method finally paid off for me on this one...

I was just about to start a new post asking about a hissing noise around the rear passinger tire... I was fixing a flat the other day in the 90deg. heat with the wife and kids in the truck enjoying the nice cool A/C when I noticed a strange hissing noise... The tire was already flat so I kinda figured that wasn't the problem/sound. When I had my wife kill the truck the hissing instantly stopped.

SOOO, This IS the fuel pump right? Nothing to be worried about...?

What you describe could also be an exhaust leak. I had one that sounded just like that on my 89.

I just recently started hearing this noise myself and thought the fuel pump was going bad as well.

I found it weird that it would make the noise after sitting in the garage for a week.

I noticed a strange hissing noise

My brother in San Diego heard a strange hissing noise coming from under his car. Turns out it was a simple problem to resolve...

may_04_2.jpg

My brother in San Diego heard a strange hissing noise coming from under his car. Turns out it was a simple problem to resolve...

may_04_2.jpg

Hey look that ho's a virgin... There's no paint missing or anything... sssh :eek: :gossip: :shrug:

Guest Nd4Spd

I've got a hiss/hum noise coming from the rear of the car. Almost right in the middle of the rig, right under the spare tire gate. After I drive somewhere and shut off. It will hum for about 10 seconds then quit. Then it will hum again. Then quit. It keeps doing this for, oh, anywhere from 2 minutes to 5. Off and on. Is this the same thing you guys are talking about? I was wondering if I may have some problem with my fuel pump as well, but I had mine replaced about 80k miles ago.

thanks.

Aaron :blink: