Body Lift question

I'm gonna purchase the AC lift soon. Do I need the AC body lift liner or is it a bunch of bullsh!t. Anything else I need to know before I do this?

Do you think it will look cheesy staying with stock 31's for the time being? I'm not sure when I can come up with the money for some new rims and tires.

sssh when you say lift liner do you mean the mud guards under/in the fender wells? yes, it is a wise idea to change them out as your stock ones will be too short... but mr P has a cheaper way of doing it by making your own ;)

also.. transworldmoto (ben) has a set.. hit him up with a pm ;)

Here is the link to AC's site for the body liners.

http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html/shop/i...719be54749e7111

If you are talking about those rubber flaps in the front wheel wells, well yeah I have half of one and the other is missing. I'm gonna replace them soon, but haven't gotten around to it yet due to money issues.

mr P has a cheaper way of doing it by making your own

heck yea...i made mine using cardboard as cutouts for a template then got some cooregated walkway crap from home depot traced it out...let the gf cut it out and attached it with stanless screws/bolts thru the stock holes i think i spent maybe $10

I already have the 3 in susp lift. OOPS!

Loose the suspension lift and just keep the body lifted. That way you will give your steering components longer life expectancy.

put the suspension lift back in if and when you up size tyres. It will look a bit silly with all that lift and small tyres too.

It will look fine with 31's and that much lift, unless people want to nit-pick. Tell 'em to buy you new tires if they don't like the way it looks. ;) I had mine on 31's with 3+3 for quite some time and never got any complaints.

I've got a 3+2 lift with 32's, and even that looks good...I'd say 31's will look fine...and as far as the steering with the suspension lift comment...that's what L&P and Calmini are for...you can buy a beefed up steering system and take care of the weak stock steering problem.

heck yea...i made mine using cardboard as cutouts for a template then got some cooregated walkway crap from home depot traced it out...let the gf cut it out and attached it with stanless screws/bolts thru the stock holes i think i spent maybe $10

Did the same thing today. Had never replaced my stock liners after my 2" BL so I bought some black runner frome Lowes, removed my stock ones and traced the top of them on the runner, then slid it down 2" and traced the bottom. cut them out, punched the holes and put them on with the factory plugs.

4' of 36" wide runner, about $7.50 after tax. -thnkboutit-