The Nest

The Drift

So I got my 31x10.5's on this weekend...and it's been raining non stop. I figure I need to test these bad boys out. I hit a really nice spot near my house. Deep, rutty, muddy, lots of standing water and tall prarrie grass. Just a nice rugged spot. Manage to plow right through like a champ, and decide I'm happy as can be with my tire choice (BFG A/T's)

Problem is mud between the strut and tire. I spent a good 20 minutes pulling stuff out of the strut, and from between the tire and strut. It was just packed in and not buding. There is next to know room between the strut and the tire, so getting anything in there is just bad news. I have a slight rub at full lock to where the tread is catching the underside of the coil perch.

Oh, and I also pulled literal nests out of my CV joints lol. Seems like the tall grass just wound right the hell around. The 20 minutes I spent clearing debree out from my front end was worth the fun I had plowing around the mud, and good for a laugh. SHould I expect that I will be doing this quite a bit? Is there anything I can do to combat the build up of crap in my wheel wells besides a new set of rims with a nice wide offset?

Don't drive through tall grass...haha.

As for the mud, the BFG ATs are not a self-cleaning tire, so they don't throw mud like a mud tire, so the mud will pack up in them, and the coil perch is scraping it off....There's really nothing to be done.

Roofles...mine too
Group buy?

For Roofies ? Don't need any, but thanks for the offer...

Hey Drifter, I'm assuming you have an R50 ? Seems like CV shields wouldn't be that hard to make, but mounting may be another story. I don't know your front end...

B

For Roofies ? Don't need any, but thanks for the offer...

Hey Drifter, I'm assuming you have an R50 ? Seems like CV shields wouldn't be that hard to make, but mounting may be another story. I don't know your front end...

B

Yep. R50. Thinking about getting out the welder to do some skid plates and CV shields. As you said...mounting may get interesting.