new back door for '87

Guest NAKOOSA

Guest NAKOOSA

I have a base model 1987 Path. I've noticed that the two other models, both V6, have a different rear door set-up which has a separate window and door. I have dogs, and am thinking it would be nice to have that type window opening for them. I'm also wanting to tint the truck's windows before summer heat hits, but don't want to put out that money until I know if I can swap out my one-piece rear door for a two-piece, or door with opening window, rear door. I'm sure I'd have to re-wire the door. Any other prob's you can tell me about?

thanks,

chris <><<

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NAKOOSA

so can anyone tell me an advantage of the split window/door? have you used this feature much? if so, for what purpose? thanks, chris

Guest L&P Performance
87 was the only year Pathfinders came with a sealed window hatchback. All the ones after that got the openable window.

Not trying to stir up trouble, but I have an '87, and it has an openable back hatch window. I'm 99.999999% sure it's stock, because it has the window latch release switch on the dash.

Yeah, my '95 has that, and it's great. Personally, when loading mine up (hockey equpment, baseball equipment, guitars etc) I always use the glass, and never bother opening up the tire carrier, and the door. It's very convenient, especially when you are picking someone up, and they're loading stuff, you can just pop the glass with the switch on the console.

Just my .02

I got a Spare if your intrested. With all Electronics (wiper, Electric Release for the Glass Etc). Its Red, and has a Small Ding on the Right side. (and no its not the wife Forgot to open the Spare tire Rack enough Ding...) its Maroon in Color. If your Interested, Send me an Offer (and Im not looking to Make a mint off of it). Joe@cmsolutionspa.com