aftermarket tubular Upper control arms

Cuong Nguyen

I finally got my new set of arms from RC/Heckethorn. The driver side arm is definitely straighter, more square, parallel, what-have-you. They could use a better jig for the spindle tubes since they're slightly off--nothing extreme like before. Not sure what their jig looks like but they should use a pipe where it's OD is the same as the ID of the spindle tubes and have it go through both of the spindle tubes. I'll call up RC tomorrow when I'm free and let them know I received them and share some of my comments to them.

Other than that, I'm real happy with the customer service and how fast they were to respond! :beer:

Edited by Cuong Nguyen

Great! Although they should be perfect a "little" I guess is not too bad. Given these trucks ages now, everything is a "little" off now :lol:

I'll agree that so far the customer service has been great from RC. The same goes for Superlift, as they are the ones I have dealt with for the majority of this.

• 2 weeks later...

***Update #2***

Recieved the arms from Superlift today, they are much better (meaning that they are welded properly, but I am sure they checked them before shipment) :aok:

However, I returned everything and only got a set of arms back. But a simple call to SL corrected that, the parts bag is on it's way :beer:

Edited by RedPath88

Here is a picture of them....

sluca7xn.th.jpg

They are the same exact arms as Rough Country's (I can legitimately say this having owned both now :lol: ) However, I think the RC units are "nicer" than the SL ones. The SL arms are rougher, they have edges that could or should have been hit lightly with a grinder and some splatters from welding that could have been removed before the nickel plating was done.

The RC arms may actually be the same way, but since they are coated they are "cleaner" looking and feeling (even though the coating is rough by design)

But I also think that the SL ones will maintain their appearance longer because the nickel coating will not chip like the one RC uses will.

Still, it is my honest opinion that you cannot go wrong with either set of arms, Both are the same where it counts ;) And many people have these arms and as far as I know have had no trouble with them in the long run :aok:

I may paint these ones... Aaron, what type of paint did you use and how well is it holding up?

Edited by RedPath88

I may paint these ones... Aaron, what type of paint did you use and how well is it holding up?

I believe he used white spray-on appliance paint. I've used it to recondition a range hood and old fridge, and the stuff was solid, no scratching or scrapes, and very easy to clean. If that's not what he used, that still might be an option. You can pick it up in several colors at Home Depot, etc.

On second thought, maybe it was an engine block/high temp paint. :shrug:

Edited by Mr. Pickles

I believe he used white spray-on appliance paint. I've used it to recondition a range hood and old fridge, and the stuff was solid, no scratching or scrapes, and very easy to clean. If that's not what he used, that still might be an option. You can pick it up in several colors at Home Depot, etc.

Thanks, I'll look into that aswell... if that is not what 88 used