problems with climate control 94 V6

bundyboy

Gidday Guys,

currently have problems with trucks climate control/air con. Blower unit only goes when switched to fastest setting "3". Despite which direction button I push it flows through the dash and feet outlets. Temp setting seems faulty too, not correct temp, either hot as or room temp, even with air con switched on. The air con system is not going though despite being swithced on. I know just about everything about my pathy except whats behind the dash, and electrics aren't my strong point. Any ideas on where to start, as winter is coming, and the air con certainly helps dry out a wet/damp truck. All help appreciated. And yes I have searched and seems no one has had this problem or my search skills are crap. :help:

Al

The fan problem is the resistor in the heater controls. I'm not sure what the "official name" for the part is, but if you tell the guy at the Nissan Service counter what the problem is, he'll give you the part name/number. I've been through 2 of those in 260,000 miles.

Vaccuum huh? I need to look at mine. Everything works fine except when I want to blast the heat or the AC. I turn it to 4 and nothing. 1, 2, & 3 work fine, but not 4...

Bundy, have you had your AC coolant checked? It might need to be recharged. :shrug:

The fan problem is the resistor in the heater controls. I'm not sure what the "official name" for the part is, but if you tell the guy at the Nissan Service counter what the problem is, he'll give you the part name/number. I've been through 2 of those in 260,000 miles.

Ok...the name of the part to control speeds 1,2,3 is the "blower resistor." If the blower resistor is bad, only level 4 (no resistance) will work.

• 1 year later...
how hard is the blower resistor to change? nissan still carry the part?

Nissan still makes them, they take about 5 minutes to change and while you're at it you need to clean all the leaves out of your blower casing (do a search for "blower" and "fire".)

Thank you guys. I'll be calling my dealer tomorrow to see if they have it. Is there a write up on the install? I've been browsing around and can't tell if I'll have to remove the glove box or be able to go up underneath from the bottom.

edit: found what i needed. http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=7466

this site rocks

Edited by Tobin