How many people offroad their Pathy's

Runnerman

Hey Big Johnson I saw your pics and what you did with your air intake. Have you crossed any water crossings yet.

Other than that everything looks pretty cool!

I'm in the process of taken off her step rails off cause we will be taking her Pathy fishing this summer and I can see them getting pretty dinged up, on the trail.

The brackets that hold them on seem to cake with mud and snow. As this past winter did some icefishing and they were packed with snow. The fall on just some of the local trails they were packed with mud.

But I guess the real test will come this summer when we go Fishing Ya!

Have you crossed any water crossings yet.

No water crossings, but I have splashed through some mud. No problems. The way I figure it, the mud/water would have to go straight up the tube (which is also ribbed, making it even harder), then still have enough force to penetrate the filter and enter the engine for it to cause any problems. I just won't go WOT through any water, yada yada yada.

I'm in the process of taken off her step rails off cause we will be taking her Pathy fishing this summer and I can see them getting pretty dinged up, on the trail

Actually, I left them on for that purpose. I looked at the underside of them, and there were many, many scratches :o . I know they aren't rock sliders, but I say that its better for them to take the scrapes than my paint ;)

when ever i can, last time i high centered and almost sucked water up the tail pipe. had to get a buddies dodge to come pull me out. thats the last time i listen to the people next to me.....

Now there's some offroad pics!

Have any mud shots?

Hey dupersc how was the fishing when you arrived at the lake?

I'm From MB/CA

We didn't do any fishing. We just stopped looked at the lake and continued on :P . I'm sure there are ton of fish though

Where is MB?

• 1 year later...

wow..old thread..

mine is a 1996 pathy SE .. i offroad it when i go fishing .. some of the farms here in KY dont even have gravel roads ..thats about it...

i do feel guilty that im not utilizing the full capability of the 4 wheel drive..

but then again i feel even worse when im not hitting the top speed on my big kawasaki ZRX 110 as well .. im @!*%itng in my pants once i hit 130 mph ..

Edited by IndianRider