Ultimate project Begins!

Pathfinder-jay

good call DSM, i think we covered exactly what you just said earlier, but clearly this guy does not get it, not trying to be mean at all, but i hope u spelled it out for him this time!!!!

to reiterate Pathfinder-Jay we are not mad at you, just a little frustrated, because these questions you ask, have all be covered, and its usually the same with any new person, i kno at one point i did the same thing, ask questions, and found out it was much easier to use the search function than to even wait for someone to post.....dont worry you will have a "PERFECT" truck when you are done.....

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, the more we see of you car the worse it gets. There isn't even enough car left to burn.... I don't honestly know why you just don't get another one. Besides, I would not piss on that thing even if it was on fire. No offence. Your chassis is shot to the sh!thouse and the boby has about 1oz of steel left, the rest of it has been eaten away.

Look on ebay. The're as cheap as hell in the US and you can find them in good nick.

Get something like this and put your running gear in it. Or this and then be done with it. These are only a couple of examples, there are heaps more. With the thousands and thousands of $$$$ you'll save, get a live axle put in the front.

I'm with these guys. Keep checking craigslist and ebay and such. I've seen Pathfinders on craigslist in horible running condition with good bodys for really cheap. like $500. I understand your wanting to tear into it and do it right but unless you just have a ton of $ to blow there are more economical ways to achieve the same final product. even if you have a ton of $ to blow, save what you'd be wasting on that rustbucket and get at least a frame/body that's in decent shape to swap your stuff over to. For the $ your talkin to pay someone to salvage and restore a common vehicle, you could almost get a fully customized crawler built, or go spend like 5-6g on a super clean well maintained WD21 with lower miles, and another 2-3g in mods. If you've got that much $ to blow, you can always contribute to helping me get some things for my truck...

Edited by Earth1

well if you guys ever read my posts earlier... its costing me 3000$ to fix it all... so i dont know why you keep coming back onto it. i know the people so its not expensive... yesh and you say I repeat myself... I think this is the 5th time the subjects come up get over it already the truck is being overhauled... im not changing it its already begun if you saw the pictures....

Thanks

Jay

Question: I may be a hipocrite by saying this or rather asking it. Why do people here rag on people so much. If the oaner has the cash flow, and they want to do something why do you drag them down. I just don't get it. I working at a KFC so by no means am I rich ... I am peacing together my rides slowly (Audi 4000S Quattro and my pathy). No offence but I find that the people at my audi forums are way more supportive in building your ride than here.... and also You know a little support for people that can acually go out and do things right away would be nice. I know if I had more cash to do things to my ride, I would hope people would be supportive of me... but that's just me...

Oh I know i get annoying with questions but by no means em I rich. I bought this truck before x-mas and have been saving up since then to be able to repair it. ANd no i dont just get what I paid for.... I know the owners so im getting good deals... is it that hard to beleive? can you guys not get that through your heads???? like really grow up a bit.... christ im 18 and im not as big as a baby compared to some of you guys on here. I guess some are just hard headed.... are dont understand the meaning of a first car anymore and how you wanted everything out of your first car... Bunch of ol farts i tell ya lmao. Anyhow if your not interested in supporting the project and just want to put it down please just stay away from this thread

Thank you

Jay

P.S. I did get sponsored by 2 company so far so :P

J all the power to you. I have seen the pics of your pathy and you have quite the job ahead of you, but if your willing to spend YOUR time (sweat & hardwork) then I see nothing wrong with it and all the power to you. :aok:

Don't let people get you down and have fun with the rebuild P...

:beer:

Thank you runnerman! This is called a project for a reason. A Rebuild is a rebuild for a reason.... I wouldnt call it a complete rebuild if all I had to do was add off roading mods now would I? lol I got to get my baby in tip top shape and my time and labour will do it properly. And if it cost me 3000$ to get some help while doing it why not? Concidering i paid 650$cdn for the thing... it comes out to the same thing as buying a better truck cept mine gurantees new peices/parts

Jay

Edited by Pathfinder-jay

we arent trying to put you down, at all, we just cant justify doing this in our minds. all we ever want to do is to try and make sure you know of the other options. There were better pathfinders out there to begin with, that would have saved you money.

Although i am a HUGE supporter of the do it yourself = its your own truck, yours no one elses. I think it is quite cool that you have people that can do the body work for you, thats great, honestly i am glad you are having fun with it, (and we never said you were rich, you told us how much you saved up for it). So honestly, we dont mean to seem like we are putting you down, its your rig, and have fun, honestly we are here to help, its just when you ask a lot of questions that have already been asked, it gets very very repetative, and all you would have to do is search!!! heh but anyways goodluck, and have fun bud!!

Well so far this is the only forum im getting bashed at about the project. Others are helping me find sponsors and give me ideas on how to approve my truck while ripping apart. I thank those on here that do try to help me, if a moderator will just close the thread... just seems to be a piss off to most rather then a group project

Thanks

Jason

P.S. For those interested in continuing on helping me please come to MY DISCUSSION

Your are not, and have not been bashed for doing what you are doing. It is a fallacy to even suggest such a thing. Shame on you.

You have been given, what many would deem to be, suggestions of better options that are available to you. Options that WILL save you money. That WILL save you time. If you chose not to take them, fine. We put up with a lot of mundane posts from you so please do not say that we are bashing you. That my friend, is just wrong!

And what I said I stand by. The more you remove from that car the worse it gets. I find it hard to believe that the people (friends or no friends) are sticking to a single price even after they find more and more stuff wrong. You need a new chassis, no ifs buts or maybes, yet the price doesn’t alter? I don’t get it and I hope that you don’t get it….. a surprise bill that is, for all of the extra work that was done.

That is my fear, and the chances of that happening, experience says are pretty high.

We have all wished you good luck, even though we do not all agree with how you are going about your project.

Your car is NOT a group project. It is your project. Share with us the progress of the rebuild. Tell us what driving lights YOU chose to put on. Send in a picture of the bullbar YOU chose etc, etc. Then if you can’t wire up the lights, ask for help. If you do not know how to bolt up the bullbar then ask for help. All we have tried to do here is help. You can’t see that?

As for you wanting sponsorship? What do you want? Do you want money to do your project?

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

im sorry but this just presented the PERFECT opportunity

47288.jpg

sorry dude but you really need to grow some thicker skin if your gonna ask for opinions on the internet. sorry you dont like the answers given, but people here DO know their stuff and have for a while..they arent saying it to be mean. we all had our first cars and our attachments to them...but there comes a point where you have to be rational.

but then again..what do us "old farts" know about anything? :X

im sorry but this just presented the PERFECT opportunity

47288.jpg

sorry dude but you really need to grow some thicker skin if your gonna ask for opinions on the internet. sorry you dont like the answers given, but people here DO know their stuff and have for a while..they arent saying it to be mean. we all had our first cars and our attachments to them...but there comes a point where you have to be rational.

but then again..what do us "old farts" know about anything? :X

Better still...

owned5io.jpg

i completely agree with everything stated above.

i do have one question tho, what kind of sponsorship are you talking about? Independent sponsors? People like us to give you money?????

nope actually I got sponsored by www.blinglights.com. They are helping by adding lights, pushbar etc. They truely beleive in the project. You guys might find it hard to beleive but in a rebuild that myself and 2 others I know very well are doing it th price will not change no matter what. He is rebuilding the truck basically at cost and not charging labour, so hard to beleive? Friends are around for a reason and they saw my truck as the perfect project for it had quote " my name written all over it" and they wanted it to look good for it. Im sorry for the earlier comments just having a bad day and another put down on the project... well i saw it as that... just pushed me a bit over the edge. I retract my comment, I know you are all here trying to help me... and I do ask to much... just my character I guess. Scared ill make the wrong decision on a peice and regret it later. I will limit myself to the questions and keep all of you updated.

Thanks for the help

Jay

P.S. The pictures where not necessary, :):P

Alright here are the lights I CHOSe lol for my roof and front...Got 6 of these.

200cLamps.jpg

Here is my bar for the front of the truck with lights:

This attaches to your front license plate clip with 2 lights on it... untill I get a pushbar.

frontbar_layout2.jpg

Here is possible lights ill have on my hood:

see that lamp panel on the top of the Liberty with 4 lamps jutting out? We have one of those for your hood and it has larger lamps:

363217_78_full.jpg

Edited by Pathfinder-jay

like i said above man..your REALLLY putting too much thought into all this. lord, iv experimented with so many diff products and sure your gonna not like things here and there, you just try something diff. its only a vehicle dude..dont worry so much about everything being "perfect" or "screwing something up". the bumper you choose or the lights you buy isnt gonna make or break your ride.

its only a truck bro, you act as tho its your life. just lighten up and have a good time, cuz thats what were here for. a nice lookin rig is great...but id take my 245k beater with dents and all over any car on the road today. its sure not perfect, and thats why i like it.

think about it..the greatest stories and memories are ALWAYS when things arent perfect. its when things go nuts and your driving some old POS car or this or that dosent happen exactly as planned that ALWAYS gets discussed time and time again. perfect is boring and overrated.. you have a 14 year old car..take it for what it is and live it up.

and you KNOW the pictures made you smile as well as stop and think! :P